paul clarke

paul & louise
Where to buy furniture???
Hi, thanks for everyones help on the forum we have had regarding buying an apartment. We came over at beginning of October and have 'gone for it' lol. Now the real problem starts. We were bombarded with furniture stores who wanted our buisness but the price range was so vast, can anyone let us know if they have any recommendation who to buy from.
We are not looking for top quality furniture as its only for personal use as a holiday home. Any reasonable furniture store recommendations will be greatly appriciated and a big thank you in advance. (We are in Altinkum)
kind regards
Paul and Louise :)

Jan-kaan

Ok Paul, why not ask Mushtaq, I asked Gorkhan at Crescent Homes office and he did no more than took us to a great shop, we didnt need much, actually only beds and mattresess but i got a double and bunk beds plus mat for £300 and all delivered and put up the next day! great service i would say.

Martyn

Site Mobilya on Ataturk on the opposite site of the road to the Carrefour & Million Shop and further towards the beach area. Good, honest man and excellent prices. This is based on our experiences four years ago and many others on here.

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Paul, If you can hire a man with a van, I like Ikea but I know its not to everyones taste. After that, you should just get quotes and go for the most reasonable one. Mine came from Istkbal, its very good quality and they honour their guarantee (a very big thing here) but then, I live here all the time. Most will deliver same or next day. I do recommend Didim Perde fro your curtains opp Akbank. Happy shopping!!!!

billjack

Hi Paul and Louise,
We bought a 3 bedroom villa in Akbuk last summer, and spent many hours on forums seeking advice re. buying furniture ect. all of which was very helpful. After visiting many of the furniture shops in Altinkum we decided on a trip to Ikea, where we managed to get almost everything on that first visit to furnish the whole villa, beds, bedroom furtniure, blinds, bedding, all the nick nacks for the kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, lounge ect.
Had the whoe lot delivered, sometimes can be quite expensive, as they go on weight, I believe, and ours weighed a lot, but at least I we got everything we needed in one go, Took us a few days putting it all together, but we enjoyed the whole process, and it was great to see it all in place in each room. You can also order on line from Turkey, which we did for odds and sods, and that was inexpensive as it was a low weight. We were short of one single bed and matteress that was out of stock, so got it in the local shop in Akbuk, good price and they delivered straight away, got our sun loungers there. I understand Ikea not be to everyones taste but might be of some help to you.
Anyway hapy shopping

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Theres a fantastic shop in Izmir . its a treck but no further than ikea . Its called Peugeot .I thought it was a car agents sign . Its close to the railway station . they have Very good quality furniture in there that you can't find elswere . I saw a gorgous L shaped sofa . in dark chocolate soft leather it was big. £600 . but you just sunk into it . They have a good range upstairs plus beds and other furniture . and all electrical goods too . Some of the best quality i.ve seen in Turkey ! so if anyones going to ikea take a look in this shop first . .... Diane

Hi guys. Well done on your recent purchase. I am sure you will make many many happy memories there. You have asked a question that has a huge answer. Everyone has their favourite place where they purchased the stuff. We went to Engils Mobilya out past the Appolon Temple. They have a shop in town too. It is not the best, but then again it is not the most expensive either. We had an issue with an item missing and a slight tear on the sofa. One phone call and they were out that day to put everything right. We got our curtains from Didm Perde on Ataturk Boulevard. Aparently they are the same family but we didn't know that before we bought either.

But like I said, everyone has their favourites. Enjoy visiting all of them but be prepared for gallons of apple tea!!!!!!!!

We are in Akbuk. Maybe we will meet up one day....who knows.

P.S Haggle!!!!! You will be surprised how much can be knocked off the end price.

Last edited:

paul clarke

paul & louise
Thanks everyone, this has been a great help. Love Ikea, also going to check out the other recommendations. We cant wait to come back ;)

Martyn

Couldn't think of his name, Haluk yes thanks. Walked past his shop in June and still remembers me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom