martin m

where is the respect from kids
Hi all
After being a member since 2006 this is my first post EVER (i think) in the padded room.
A lot of the members may or may not know that i do a lot of running, i mainly run home from work with a rucksack on my back, its about 8 miles and i do it around three times a week, i have Never had any problems apart from the odd dog thing, but this last week i have been insulted twice by kids, when i run i am alert and always offer the safe side of the pavement to anyone comming towards me, so when i saw a group of youths ahead i moved over to the roadside of the footpath to allow us all passage without any of us having to go on the busy road, what does one of the youths do? heads towards the same side and tugs his mate along as well in a deliberate attempt to block me, i went ballistic and he ran off laughing, two nights later, (tonight) a group of youths comming towards me boys and girls and one of the lads litterally waits while we are along side and just simply said "wanker" out of the side of his mouth to me, i wanted to smash his 14/15 year old face in and im not kidding.
I find the lack of respect amazing,i comforted myself in thinking that when they see me in the cold light of day i.e bald head and tatooes and a reasonable physique people dont think i am a push over so i dont get any hassle, however running in the dark all covered up they just see me as a target. so having said that does that mean that as we get older and become and look old and cant do anything to defend ourselves from theese little bas-tards that we come to expect hassle.
martin

Saoirse

I wasnt actually there so cant really comment,but what if you did look like a wanker-the kid would have been right.

martin m

Yep you may be right phillip but what gives the little git the right to tell me, he wouldnt have said, "like your trainers" or "nice top" even if he liked em, or if i would have said "your birds a minger" as i run by would that have been ok.
martin

Saoirse

very true sir

some of these kids are dragged up. no respect at home,in school etc.

Basically no respect even for themselves. I find them hard to stomach at all so you did well in keeping youself in check and not reacting.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
Was this here in the UK or in Turkey?

Never had problems with kids before, certainly not in lovely sunny Sheffield.

I have seen some young lads & lasses I feel like throttling 'cos of the colour of their hair or there "jewellery" they wear anywhere on their body but I realise that would be to no avail.

I wonder what the parents of these kids are up to?
Clearly a lack of parental control, whatever the reason.

No where in Europe is perfect but to me GB is on the road to ruin, feral scum all over, no fear, no respect and lacking disipline,
Police are not feared or respected, judges are at times useless teachers cant belt kids like they used to (never did me harm). Victims a lot of times come off 2nd best even when the law is applied, drink, drugs, scum breeding scum.
This government has followed on from the last in Britains downward spiral and god knows what has happened to the last couple of generations of parents.
Still just a personal note.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Yes it is frightening how they lack respect these days . and your a man so imagine how us women feel with these yobs when we have to walk past them . Its a nightmare ..Diane

martin m

Hi Tommie
Sadly i have to say this is in little old Mexborough, where years ago everyone used to know each other, but slowly over the years Doncaster has off loaded all their undesirables and now its just as bad as anywhere else.

martin m

Hi Pineapple1
Towards the end of my first post i was trying to suggest that as we get older, then it becomes obvious that we are less able to defend ourselves, and i never even gave it a thought about how it must feel to be female, and in most cases it must be a bit of a trial every time you have to walk past a gang of youths, well slowly i am begining to get the same vibes now whereas before i never gave a toss.
martin

Modgirl

I hear what you are saying and we should all be given Mace spray's when we get to say forty and work our way on to various means of defence as we reach silver then gold if we ever get to that age, its just as well we can't retaliate or we would all be up for murder. Just change your side of the pavement and keep on running.

GnD

always offer the safe side of the pavement to anyone comming towards me, so when i saw a group of youths ahead i moved over to the roadside of the footpath to allow us all passage without any of us having to go on the busy road, what does one of the youths do? heads towards the same side and tugs his mate along as well in a deliberate attempt to block me,

That is exactly what happened to me a few weeks back in Tonbridge!! I moved again for the second time and the 8 year old boy moved again to knock into me. I said "I did move twice!!" then the boy, his two sisters and Mother all screetched at me. Threatening physical abuse and their mouths were enough to intimidate. I am not tiny just over 5'9 and yet they thought nothing to fill the air with their obsenities. Still shocked at their ignorance and agressiveness.

My first back room thread too :/
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/back-room/29531-responses-ignorance.html

Be safe on your next run.

No where in Europe is perfect but to me GB is on the road to ruin, feral scum all over, no fear, no respect and lacking disipline,
Police are not feared or respected, judges are at times useless teachers cant belt kids like they used to (never did me harm). Victims a lot of times come off 2nd best even when the law is applied, drink, drugs, scum breeding scum.
This government has followed on from the last in Britains downward spiral and god knows what has happened to the last couple of generations of parents.
Still just a personal note.
I am sure calling todays youth "Feral Scum" will go a long way towards solving the problem.
I can well remember when I was young,thinking anyone over 50 was practically dead and an old wrinkly and often being with a gang of mates who would shout names.
I agree with Debbie,s situation where the mother joined in, that wouldnt have happened because my parents had greater control and this is the problem.
Very often the kids are just behaving like their parents but equally there are plenty of well brought up kids around with loving parents and I have met many of them.
Getting all worked up and throwing names like "Feral scum" at kids in general wouldnt have done much to ingratiate me to my peers during my youth and whilst I am sympathetic to Debbie and Martin, generalising with constant criticism of the youth alone is totally unfair.
The parents are more guilty than the youngsters in these two instances I would imagine.
Debbie has had some bad experiences as now has Martin but as well as constant criticism on TLF in "Times have changed" mode lets have open minds for both sides of youth today.
A few with bad parenting can spoil the image for the many who would help anybody and are polite and successful.
I wish you well Martin and Debbie and am sorry for your personal experiences,particularly Debbie,s in my home town

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Well I am a woman on my own and have never ever in my entire life had a problem with gangs of youngsters - in fact I befriend them and ask them to help me - show me the way somewhere - ask about where to get a drink of fresh orange at that time of night - anything and everything for them to HELP ME - and they do - honestly. In Turkey the young men are so very nice - hugging and kissing one another in such a friendly non-sexual way; normally when they greet me - even those I don.t know - they take kiss the hand and touch their foreheads in a respectful way to show they are saying Hello to someone a lot older than themselves. UK lads can look threatening but most of them are ok too. Even once when I was in New York City on the subway around midnight and I was the only person waiting for the tube and it was very very dark - there was just 1 black lad also waiting and he looked very threatening. Instead of running a mile - I asked him about the best places to go near where I was staying. He was so nice and chatty and amazed me how different his speech was to the way he looked so threatentingly; he said it was not so safe for me to be alone and insisted on getting off at my stop (one after his) to walk me home for safety.s sake. No kissing. No touching. No "suggestions". Just very nice lads. Dunno - have I just been lucky - or what?

jewel

The break up of family values are to be blamed in my opinion,I dont blame the kids but their role models(parents) when you talk to kids on their level give them a sence of worth and treat them with respect it is amazeing how these wild kids change,how many times have we watched on TV and seen it for ourselfs.If you have kids brought up in homes were drink,drugs,no love,no sence of right and wrong, then what can we expect,really worrying,and thankfully there are still some really good kids brought up by parents like us . jewel x

jewel

The UK Zuberdust, family values are still in place in Turkey as far as I can see. Jewel x

jcrian

Everyday incidents are reported either in newspapers or TV news and these are only the 'tip of the iceberg'.
I'm afraid our streets are becoming lawless and it seems very little is being done to erradicate this. British society, from parents, schools and the legal system, need to get a grip and stop these kind of things from happening.
No wonder some residents are employing security companies to patrol their area.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Turkey's book and have more policeman and family values that show respect for other people and property.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Its kids our grandchildrens age we are talking about . We raised thier parents . And our generation isn't blameless for what is happening now . We had Make love not war . Ban the bomb Womens lib We or the pop stars we followed made taking drugs popular like canabis etc We had the music festivals . John and Yoko had the long sleep in .We didn't want national service which should be brought back asp { as long has thier not sent to war } they'd learn dissapline . We didn't agree to punishment at school . AND we are now complaining !!! Now i've said that i don't mean all of us . most have reared well behaved kids who reared lovely grand kids . But still we are spoiling them to much . How many will buy expensive presents at christmas laptops etc , And get themselves into debt , And if the local bobby clipped one of our grandkids around ear like years ago ..WE would make a complaint .... Diane

I dont think it helps at all when seemingly everybody over about 50 moans and groans about the UK youth of today all day long and implies how brilliant it is in other countries.

Perhaps if we tried to develop some kind of rapport with them instead of treating them as alien beings and spouting on "It was so different in my day" we might get somewhere.
The parents need to bring up their kids feeling wanted as opposed to a fashion accessory or something that everybody does and then leave them to it.
They need to work at it from a young age and instil certain values in their child.

However I get totally pissed off when all the youth today are thought to be or described as scum.
Some do have unfortunate incidents but it is NOT commonplace as the media are hardly likely to put "Johnny was a lovely lad" into the news as it doesnt sell newspapers.
Perhaps if we as old fogies so to speak showed a bit of respect back we would get somewhere
I like Angela have NEVER had a bad experience with kids ANYWHERE as I have said before. I am pleasant to them and engage in conversation from time to time. They are polite to varying degrees but so was I at their age.I have umpteen experiences of kids being considerate and doing good acts but the good things never get publicised and the whole media together with many TLF members suddenly decide the UK is going to the dogs and everybody knocks it.
I have asked many neighbours and talked to their kids and the incidence of aggression and misbehaviour is low to non existent.
Every town probably has its "Chav" council estates where less privileged kids living with Social Security" parents come from but equally there are good well brought up kids so there is always a balance and two sides to it.
Perhaps those who feel that strongly should offer their services at youth clubs or become guide or scout helpers. Inter react and do something to help instead of forever whining about our youth.
We were all young once but some of us older ones have obviously forgotten the rebelliousness and disobediance of ourselves.
This idea some of you have that the UK is degenerating and that children are nothing more than "Feral Scum"
I could read TLF as a youngster and think everything is against me being tarred with the same old brush.I like the young people I meet and am proud to consider many of them as my friends.
END OF BLOODY RANT!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom