Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
where do they get them!
having been off work recently I unfortunately watched an episode of Jeremy Kyle. Where do they get the human dross these and similar shows have as guests!

Tess

where do they get them!
Was off today also and saw a small part of it, highlights of the family from America etc ????? Jeremy takes no prisoners though, he is able meat for them that need to be told a few home truths !!!

where do they get them!
It never ceases to amaze me how thick & ignorant the people that take part on these shows are. I think I must have led a very shelterd life!

Tess

where do they get them!
I have to say on occassions I have watched and did feel a certain sympathy for some. Some of the folks taking part are genuine I feel. Personally I do like shows like this as it opens up your mind to folks maybe not so fortunate as ourselves at times. Whilst I agree some are real piss artists I do believe some have genuine probs. Jeremy does have a certain knack of sorting the men from the boys. I also believe some folks do go on in the hope of obtaining some sort of help.

val2661

where do they get them!
The kind of people who appear on those type of shows, see it as a 'badge of honour', a bit like their kids getting an ASBO. I do admit to watching it if I can though. BBC Prime is showing Vivienne Vile tonight, which from the trailer suggests it's a comedy take off of Jeremy Kyle.

Val

Akasya

Postless Pointer
where do they get them!
In my murky past i worked for the Beeb, C4, Thames and Breakfast TV. They employ researchers who scour local papers for low level court reports. These are followed up by local journalists. When a juicy shell of a story emerges the main protagonists are offered cash to " tell their stories ". They are then offered an all expenses trip, appearance fees and are induced to " jazz " up their story. A lot of poor people do it for the Warhol moment and the Cash.

Exploitation at it's worst, a certain Mr. Wright refers to the presenter as Jeremy Vile.

Nuff said.

Steve.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
where do they get them!
Not sure about this show, but a few years back, Chicago City Council carried out an investigation into the Jerry Springer show and found that more than a few of the 'guests' were coached extensively by the shows producers on the finer points of TV theatrics.

C

GnD

where do they get them!
It follows breakfast tv and often in the past got caught in the first story at the start. I get embroiled in the is he the father, isn't he - sort of thing. But goes off as soon as.......

Hate it, makes me cringe and cannot believe it helps anyone. It points out the blooming obvious and then has the same people back for their next life issue!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom