sammyapple

Where can I get denture fixative here?
Hi I'm in Akbuk with my parents who did not bring fixative with them. Looked in local supermarket but nothing..... Is there anywhere I can buy it? Worried Dads teeth are gonna fall out in the pool!!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
you need to go to a chemist, supermarkets do not generally sell stuff like that over here, but a chemist should

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
You're more likely to get it at a Chemist / Eczane or from a Dentist.

hi, I've only ever seen denture fixative here once and that was in Istanbul and it cost about 18tl. If you know anyone who's coming over it will be cheaper to have it brought for you. I've never seen it in the Bodrum area, but not looked for a year or so. Good luck!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Apparently, Migros stock denture fixative. It's in a torquoise coloured box, with white writing and the name begins with a C. Look for the most expensive item on the dental care shelf ! That'll be it. :lol:

kale

hi sammmyapple
did buy some a couple of years ago from the supermarket MIGROS in bodrum had quite a laugh trying to explain what we were looking for , they did find us the right thing eventualy

kale

sammyapple

Managed to get in chemist..... Corega its called and 17.50 TL. So dads teeth stayed in afterall!! Thanks to everyone.....
:bigkiss:

Maisie

Hope your Dad remembered to bring the cleaner for his dentures. A packet of ten tablets costs TL21.50 in the Akbuk chemist! Thinking about bringing a suitcase full next time from the Pound Shop and making a killing selling them on! Maisie

carolk

R.I.P
Hope your Dad remembered to bring the cleaner for his dentures. A packet of ten tablets costs TL21.50 in the Akbuk chemist! Thinking about bringing a suitcase full next time from the Pound Shop and making a killing selling them on! Maisie

Hi Maisie, what is it called please? I don't have dentures but it does preserve fruit in water, I used to use it a lot but cant find it here.

Maisie

Hi carolk - I don't remember the name of these. It took quite a bit of miming and demonstration for the staff to realise what I was looking for. The box was eventually produced from a locked cabinet. After checking that I wasn't seeing things at the price written on it, I thanked them and left the shop. This was in Akbuk. However, I am sure the same song and dance routine would produce these at the chemist shop at the bottom of Ataturk Boulevard. They are quite good in there and, unlike the Akbuk chemist, speak more English.

I am mildly surprised that you use these for fruit. Looking at the long list of "ingredients" for these, I would be reluctant to use them for food stuffs. I know that the denture they have cleaned goes back in the mouth, but it is well rinsed before. Personally, I don't use these, my husband does. How exactly do you use them for preserving fruit?

The only other use I know about for these tablets is that if you soak net curtains in the bath with a couple of tablets prior to washing, they come up lovely and white.

Maisie

carolk

R.I.P
Lol Maisie, I mean for fruit displays in water in a vase!!! It makes the fruit last longer before going brown. I use apples, all red or all green depending on the look I want. I want to try it with pomegranates here.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom