peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
When is 4 minutes seven and a half?
Only at old trafford! Somehow the :censored: of a referee dreams up 4 minutes of injury time. And then the 4 minutes extends into a full seven and a half minutes???????
What the :censored: have teams got to do to get a fair game there?
It just does'nt add up does it?

maggie

My Nik has just been screaming at the tele as well wot a load of Hollyhocks !!!

Man fookin wotsit cheats. If the proper injury time had been played they woudnnt be laughing all over their smug faces. Talk about a fix.!!!!!!!Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

Peregrine

come on now, stop exaggerating. According to the BBC report it was 6 minutes 58 seconds

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Man City not able to buy the referee then? Aw what a shame, and all that money too......:rolleyes:

C

Reactions: Mag

dawn6532

Di dum Di dum the mighty REDS have done it again ! Michael Owen with the winner fantastic game.

Peregrine

there will be some partisan opinions on this matter I am sure

so I am going to keep well out of it !!

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Di dum Di dum the mighty REDS have done it again ! Michael Owen with the winner fantastic game.

Well if that is all that matters for you (no matter if the goal was scored well outside the stipulated time), then yes you're entitled to take a lot of pleasure from this. Good luck to you. Personally I'd be surprised if your smug attitude doesn't hide an element of relief, and doubt of how genuine the win was.

It was indeed a very good game, marred by inexplicable time adding by the referee. If anyone can explain where the original 4 mins extra came from I'd be surprised. If they can then go on to explain the extra 3 and a half added to the added I'll be amazed!

martin m

Hi all
I cant remember Ever having commented on any football on the forum before,but what pleasure can anyone get from winning by cheating, is it any wonder that if you dont actually support Man Utd then folk normally hate them, but they interpret that into jealousy.
ho hum
martin

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I'm a Liverpool fan, but today Man City deserved to win, they played better than Man U, and as for the extra time saga.....................

Smiler

I remember back in 1994, Man U hadn't been beaten at home for over a year. Nottingham Forest had had just been promoted. We, (Forest) were leading 2-1, despite having two goals disallowed for dubious off-side decisions. We played nearly 8 minutes of injury time before the ref decided it was getting embarrassing and blew for full time.

But hey if you can't defend... :D

Smiler

I'm a Liverpool fan, but today Man City deserved to win, they played better than Man U, and as for the extra time saga.....................

I didn't watch the game but thats not what the commentators on 5Live said.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
To be perfectly honest City were the better team in the first half. United bossed the second, but city did'nt deserve to come away empty handed.

Here's why I'm seething about those seven minutes. In the first half there were 3 bookings, and the game seemed to flow tirelessly. Time added = 2 mins 39 seconds.
In the second half there was only one booking, and 3 substitutions. Again the game flowed at pace. Time added = 6 mins 58 seconds!

I hate losing derby matches, of course I do. But its much easier to lose when its because your team have been beaten fairly. In this case they have'nt.

gwendy

gwendy
Can anyone tell me what the free kick was for, maybe I lost the plot or just when I went to the Loo I missed something, not sure , but I hope my flight back to Turkey tomorrow is not on Fergie time ,I expect the flight to be 4hrs 15 mins, and even with a head wind I hope it isn't 4hrs 21 mins 55 secs, hate flying and somtimes an exta 6min 55 secs is just that little bit to long,

Martyn

Just got back from the Chel$ki game but i saw the last few minutes on the tv at the ground. All the Chelsea were rooting for City to score and when they did we went potty. Then united scored and flattened us again. I cannot believe the amount of time added on. So as far as I could make out 4 minutes were added but 7 got played. As far as i know 30 seconds get added per substitution and i didn't see any injury time although I was getting a pint for a bit of it :loony:

Anyway Chelsea won so i'm :happy:

parrot

Do I see a bit of reverse paranoia here,the referees are out to get everyone except United,would there have been so much wingeing if Citeh had scored the winning goal in time added on,doubt it.

I'm definitely not a United fan and was also gutted when they scored, but it does not really matter how many extra minutes were added, surely City had an equal amount of time to score the winner, or was the ref somehow holding their players back? United are renown for playing for the win until the final whistle. Owen was given acres of space put the ball away well. Sad but true.

My team Burnley did everyone a favour by beating United a few weeks ago, but of course have been soundly thrashed by Chelsea and Liverpool since

I&H

zozatky

I'm definitely not a United fan and was also gutted when they scored, but it does not really matter how many extra minutes were added, surely City had an equal amount of time to score the winner, or was the ref somehow holding their players back? United are renown for playing for the win until the final whistle. Owen was given acres of space put the ball away well. Sad but true.

My team Burnley did everyone a favour by beating United a few weeks ago, but of course have been soundly thrashed by Chelsea and Liverpool since

I&H

Didnt Know Burnley had a football team

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Do I see a bit of reverse paranoia here,the referees are out to get everyone except United,would there have been so much wingeing if Citeh had scored the winning goal in time added on,doubt it.

No, of course Fergie never whinges. Silly man.

I it does not really matter how many extra minutes were added

I&H

Try telling Roger Bannister that!
But seriously, of course it matters! .. Do we not want to see the game played properly? Do we just sit back and accept every crazy decision? Yes both teams had extra extra time, but who had the advantage?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom