shazyboy

wheelchair rental in Altinkum
i will be coming out to altinkum this coming Monday.I would like to know if i can rent a wheelchair for a week as my mum will be coming with me and she can't walk long distance due to her health.If so, where can i rent it from and how much would it cost? I believe i have no choice other than to ride a Taxi to where ever we go. Because i cant see i how i can get the wheel chair on to dolmus, any suggestions?

lizziebob

You may well find that, provided you travel outside of the 'rush hour' periods, taking on board a wheelchair will be no problem for the average dolmus. I've seen them carry twin prams and supermarket trolleys (filled) and have often been offered a ride home when I've stopped (obviously knackered!) on my push bike at the side of the road.Should be much easier (and safer) that your Mum will be able to leave the chair before boarding. Good luck and both enjoy!

tazz

Shazyboy do share with us how the experience was with or without the wheelchair and your mum's enjoyment of her holiday.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Hey SB,

You can hire a wheelchair but I forget how much!! We hired one for Dave the Bus when he came out of hospital after his hip operation.

Do you know where the hospital is? if so, you will see 2 chemists (Eczane) opposite and to the left. If you go left and walk for a few minutes there is a shop that sells and rents medical equipment. Good luck and have a fab holiday :)

kernowians

Hi Kim. I could have sworn this shop was closed down when we went by in the week.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Its always possible, u know what its like, here one minute and gone the next!

Zjay

I have been in that place where I found a shop,but I can't remember the name of the shop. However,if you noticed that there is a number of wheelchair they sell into a good price and quality. You might to visit it and purchase it. Maybe that I can shared to you the name of the shop.

Last edited:
If you speak with the hospital they should be able to help. My mum arrived on Tuesday morning and I contacted the Universal Hospital in Bodrum asking advice on wheelchair rental. I spoke with a girl called Rebecca, who told me that they would rent me one, but advised me to go to the Orthropedic and medical supply shop facing the big Migros in Bodrum, where I would be able to rent one out cheaper. To buy a basic wheelchair costs around 260 TL, my mum is here for 6 weeks and to hire for the 6 weeks cost 175 TL. Ken

Latest Posts

Top Bottom