Maisie

What's Old?
I still have many of these. What to do with them now? I put a drive into my old computer so I could access these. My current computer does not have the facility to accept these, only CDs.

Maisie

esb1841

What's Old?
I still have many of these. What to do with them now? I put a drive into my old computer so I could access these. My current computer does not have the facility to accept these, only CDs.

Maisie
Assuming you haven't got any data on them best to cut them up with a pair of scissors

Maisie

What's Old?
Assuming you haven't got any data on them best to cut them up with a pair of scissors
They do have data on them, some of which I would like to keep. Is there any facility for transferring the data on floppies to CDs?

Maisie

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
What's Old?
Good idea, but I need a floppy player to do this. I will investigate this now.

Maisie

If your old computer with the drive in it is connected to the Internet you could copy the data to a cloud drive like Google Drive or Microsoft One Drive.
Then it'd be accessible from any computer.

Maisie

What's Old?
Although I still have the tower containing my old computer etc. it died. It is still under my desk as I use the top of the tower for other equipment to sit on.

Just bought an external USB drive on eBay. On the assumption this works, it will be quite nostalgic to see the data on the floppies.

Maisie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom