Question for you

Mavideniz

What sort of quarantine required for entry to Turkey?
In a couple of weeks I’m hoping to travel to Istanbul from the UK, changing planes in Zürich.

I have a Turkish ikamet (1 year) and a home in Turkey. I’ll have a negative PCR test.

Can anybody advise me whether I’ll be able to quarantine at home or whether I’ll have to quarantine in a hotel?

Also, I will arrive in Istanbul fairly late and will have to take a connecting flight to Dalaman next morning. Will I be allowed to spend the night in the Istanbul airport hotel?

BEZ

YOu can qaurantine at home not sure on the hotel rules

gerrymac

In a couple of weeks I’m hoping to travel to Istanbul from the UK, changing planes in Zürich.

I have a Turkish ikamet (1 year) and a home in Turkey. I’ll have a negative PCR test.

Can anybody advise me whether I’ll be able to quarantine at home or whether I’ll have to quarantine in a hotel?

Also, I will arrive in Istanbul fairly late and will have to take a connecting flight to Dalaman next morning. Will I be allowed to spend the night in the Istanbul airport hotel?

PMitch

Existing Member
I'm waiting to travel to Turkey myself from UK but have cancelled a couple of planned trips until legally allowed to travel and until the whole position is clearer. For the present the following are some excerpts from the Gov.UK site, which may help if you've not seen already:-

Under current UK COVID-19 restrictions, you must stay at home. You must not travel, including abroad, unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so. It is illegal to travel abroad for holidays and other leisure purposes.

Passengers wishing to transit through airports in Turkey on to a domestic Turkish flight will be required to take another PCR test upon arrival, before catching their onward flight.

Passengers who have been in the UK within the last 10 days will be required to quarantine for 14 days on arrival in Turkey. This can be at a residential address. Passengers in quarantine can take a PCR test on day 10 of their quarantine – if negative, the quarantine can end at that point.
All passengers from all points of departure to Turkey must have proof of a negative PCR test undertaken within 72 hours prior to departure to Turkey. Without evidence of such a test, passengers will be denied boarding.

Mavideniz

I'm waiting to travel to Turkey myself from UK but have cancelled a couple of planned trips until legally allowed to travel and until the whole position is clearer. For the present the following are some excerpts from the Gov.UK site, which may help if you've not seen already:-

Under current UK COVID-19 restrictions, you must stay at home. You must not travel, including abroad, unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so. It is illegal to travel abroad for holidays and other leisure purposes.

Passengers wishing to transit through airports in Turkey on to a domestic Turkish flight will be required to take another PCR test upon arrival, before catching their onward flight.

Passengers who have been in the UK within the last 10 days will be required to quarantine for 14 days on arrival in Turkey. This can be at a residential address. Passengers in quarantine can take a PCR test on day 10 of their quarantine – if negative, the quarantine can end at that point.
All passengers from all points of departure to Turkey must have proof of a negative PCR test undertaken within 72 hours prior to departure to Turkey. Without evidence of such a test, passengers will be denied boarding.

Mavideniz

Thanks for that.
The problem is that some Turkish information suggests that anyone who’s been in the UK in the previous 10 days has to do hotel quarantine.
It would be nice to get some confirmation that the FCO advice is correct.

As far as I’m aware from reading the Turkish news etc, the following is still the case.

Anyone arriving in Turkey who has been in the UK (and/or certain other countries, eg South America) in the previous 10 days must go into 2 weeks government quarantine. You are met by security in the airport and taken to the allocated location, usually student, en-suite, dormitory accommodation. You are NOT allowed to leave your room for any reason, (enforced by security guards) 3 meals a day plus water and tea are delivered daily.

There is no charge for this, all costs are met by the government. In addition it’s possible to get delivery from local takeaways, but this must be paid for. After 10 days if you test negative for Covid you can leave, making your own way to your final destination.

The majority of flights - all from countries other than the UK, from which there are no direct flights at the moment - will land in Istanbul, which is where passengers will enter quarantine. You will not be allowed to take onward domestic flights, to Dalaman for example, until quarantine is completed.

As I understand it, passengers arriving from non-designated countries also have to do 2 weeks quarantine, but it can be done at an hotel, or their own address - contact details are taken and daily checks by the police or gendarme are carried out.

gally

As far as I’m aware from reading the Turkish news etc, the following is still the case.

Anyone arriving in Turkey who has been in the UK (and/or certain other countries, eg South America) in the previous 10 days must go into 2 weeks government quarantine. You are met by security in the airport and taken to the allocated location, usually student, en-suite, dormitory accommodation. You are NOT allowed to leave your room for any reason, (enforced by security guards) 3 meals a day plus water and tea are delivered daily.

There is no charge for this, all costs are met by the government. In addition it’s possible to get delivery from local takeaways, but this must be paid for. After 10 days if you test negative for Covid you can leave, making your own way to your final destination.

The majority of flights - all from countries other than the UK, from which there are no direct flights at the moment - will land in Istanbul, which is where passengers will enter quarantine. You will not be allowed to take onward domestic flights, to Dalaman for example, until quarantine is completed.

As I understand it, passengers arriving from non-designated countries also have to do 2 weeks quarantine, but it can be done at an hotel, or their own address - contact details are taken and daily checks by the police or gendarme are carried out.
According to last Turkish Embassy announcement 12th Feb -

Aydin92

Hi guys, thanks for this information really useful. I have a question though - the last two posts seem to be really contradictory. Dear Yildez says that UK residents will have to do a hotel quarantine but then the page from the Turkish embassy that Gally kindly shared says:

"However, passengers who have been to United Kingdom and Denmark will be quarantined for 14 days at locations they will declare whereas passengers who have been to Republic of South Africa and Brazil will be quarantined for 14 days at locations, which will be designated by Provincial Governor’s Offices following their arrival in Turkey."

To my mind, this suggests that those coming from the UK will be ok to quarantine at home (we have a home but dont have ikamet yet). Is anyone else confused?

Are people allowed flights out of the UK without meeting certain criteria’s? Business, health, education being three of them...

enoch

Are people allowed flights out of the UK without meeting certain criteria’s? Business, health, education being three of them...
I don't think they ever stopped to Istanbul if you had RP but could be wrong.

Mavideniz

Thanks Yildez. Very helpful and well-informed as usual. Seems to me the risk of being put into hotel quarantine is very high for the moment. The UK FCO advice seems misleading. Hopefully Turkish policy will change before too long.

Mavideniz

Hi guys, thanks for this information really useful. I have a question though - the last two posts seem to be really contradictory. Dear Yildez says that UK residents will have to do a hotel quarantine but then the page from the Turkish embassy that Gally kindly shared says:

"However, passengers who have been to United Kingdom and Denmark will be quarantined for 14 days at locations they will declare whereas passengers who have been to Republic of South Africa and Brazil will be quarantined for 14 days at locations, which will be designated by Provincial Governor’s Offices following their arrival in Turkey."

To my mind, this suggests that those coming from the UK will be ok to quarantine at home (we have a home but dont have ikamet yet). Is anyone else confused?
Good point.

evo80

Good point.
A frien of mines friend ( if ya get my drift ) has just flown to Turkey and she has ikamet .She has gone to her place out there for her quarantine. I will double check with her this morning .

evo80

Well she is southern Irish ,and no ikamet,so different rules apply as she flew from Dublin but quarantine in a private rented apartment .
So question not really answered if not from the Republic.

Kanga

check the latest from F & CO on the relevant thread.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom