Jan-kaan

What Pools can we use?
We have a house on an older site, Palmiye, straight up from the main centre, we love the house but we have 2 children who love the sea but also a swimming pool, are there any in akbuk open to the public?

Mushtaq

Founding Member
What Pools can we use?
I think the Derby hotel pool is open, as long as you buy drinks from the bar, this was couple of years ago, but worth a try, although it's only a few meters from the sea so might as well just swim in the sea.

juco

What Pools can we use?
The Derby pool is open but ask if you can use it if you buy some drinks, as in the past they have added a charge on afterwards for `use of pool`.
Just make sure you know what you are paying before you use it.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
What Pools can we use?
.....and I've heard their drinks are the most expensive in Akbuk

maggie

What Pools can we use?
Oracle are also letting people use their pool if you of cors buy a drink from there.

It looks a nice pool and hardly anyone there.

Yes you can use the Derby but drinks are pricey.

Hugs Maggie xx

Jan-kaan

What Pools can we use?
Thank you both, ive only spent 1 day in Akbuk so far, plan on going again in Aug to try to get to know it better as I didnt have long enough to make a judgement, although the views and sights looked gorg and did manage to enjoy a lovely lunch at Pizza Hiati ( i think thats what its called) .Can I ask where is the Derby and Oracle?

juco

What Pools can we use?
Pizza hatti, good food reasonable prices.

Derby hotel... if leaving Akbuk village heading towards Altinkum then its about a kilometer from Akbuk village on the lefthand side.

Oracle, I think this is the builders/agents name and not the name of an actual sitesi.

maggie

What Pools can we use?
The site does get called Oracale and its on the left comming down the hill from Tansas towards Akbuk village it has a big sattalite dish in the front of it.

Hugs Maggie xx

basic

What Pools can we use?
The site name is Summer Breeze,the builders where Oracle.
Two nice pools,bar just opened very friendly people

Mushtaq

Founding Member
What Pools can we use?
Here is a map of Akbuk you can move around in, I have attached an image of the map with the locations marked for your reference.

[GMAP]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?g=akbuk&sll=37.441064,27.434235&sspn=0.492844,1.234589&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=37.395732,27.440071&spn=0.023866,0.036478&z=14&output=embed"></iframe>[/GMAP]

Attachments

• akbuk.jpg
    akbuk.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 42

akbukcyd

What Pools can we use?
There is also a new beautiful pool at Mandalya Gardens complex which is open to the public if you use their bar and restaurant. Great menu especially for kids and it is in a beautiful location. They will pick you up and drop you home as well I gather or you could get a local taxi. Well worth a visit! There is also a wonderful new pool opened up at the University in Akbuk open to public. I went past there the other day and it looks very inviting and there is entertainment there for the kids all day apparently. You can get the bus from Akbuk centre there and it certainly is worth a visit.

Lyndsey

Kal&#305;n deriliyimdir
What Pools can we use?
Yes, the University were advertising free pick ups to use their pool and bar (first drink free) in Voices last week.

I've got to say...those complexes that allow Joe Public i to use the facilities...i would not be best pleased as an owner who pays service charges etc.

eadie6679

What Pools can we use?
Hear, hear Lyndsey

Thanks for your comment. I am an owner at Mandalya Gardens and we do pay quite high maintenance fees which we don't mind given the quality of the complex but I for one will not be very pleased if lots of members of Joe Public get to use the facilities free of charge.

Lyndsey

Kal&#305;n deriliyimdir
What Pools can we use?
eadie, did they state that they were going to open the facilities to the general public when you purchased? If they didn't i would get together with other like minded owners on your complex and see what can be done about it. Not fair at all if you weren't notified and having to pay a service/maintenance charge when they are gaining an income from your facilities.
I see that Mandalya Gardens (looks stunning by the way) are advertising their restaurant a lot in the local paper for celebrations and weddings etc with free pick ups.

What Pools can we use?
Yes, the University were advertising free pick ups to use their pool and bar (first drink free) in Voices last week.

Has anyone used this? My place is not far from the uni... so interesting in finding out more. I was without my pc last week, so did not see the voices article, and I can't seem to find it online now.

:thanks:
J

Jan-kaan

What Pools can we use?
Thank you all for the information, I also wouldnt be happy if I had to pay monthly maintenance fees on sites only for other people to use, not knowing Akbuk I didnt know whether there were any public pools or Hotels, i would imagine that most of our time would be spent on day trips,boat trips and around the beach but I know at some stage my kiddies would say "can we go to a Pool".
Can anyone tell me the way to the University then from the centre?

What Pools can we use?
Sorry I did not see this question from you. It is a short Dolmus ride from the centre of Akbuk. I don't know how well you know the area, but if you get a dolmus going to soke or altinkum you come out of akbuk and then pass a stretch of water with a fish stall on the side, then there is the Caprice, Holiday Hotel, and the University is sort of the next stop, but you may need to ask the driver to make the trip to the University. I have noticed that out of term time the buses don't go down the road. (I assume that is where is the pool is situated) - looking forward to exploring in August!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
What Pools can we use?
well you can't use our pool cos we have too many rules and regualtions it just wouldn;t be worth the trip !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom