What mishaps did you have today?
Thought that I would start this thread as I have had an accident prone day.

This morning when filling the teapot I managed to miss the hole & only half my hot water went in the pot, the rest was poured over the work surface & the hob.

I was later making coffee and dropped the jar when putting it it back into the cupboard.

Tonight I walked into the kitchen to put the oven on to heat up, without putting the light on. Went back to the kitchen later to discover that the oven wasn't hot & discovered a symbol that I hadn't even noticed before. When I Googled it, I found that it was defrost! Who knew that such an option even existed.

I then put some oil on a tray ready to pre heat for some oven roasted veg. The oil came out faster than I expected, but I decided that it would be OK & put the tray in the now heating oven. Unfortunately, when I pulled it out again to put the vegetables on it I managed to tip the oil all over the floor, the oven door & my slippers. Luckily the oil was only warm & not super hot.

About to go & check on the chicken & vegetables in the oven now. I think I will delegate getting it out of the oven & carving to my husband

enoch

Phoned barclays bank to day sat waiting 40min for an answer when I got through to someone the international credit ran out. And I can only top up every month.

Saoirse

My wife had a freudian slip whilst conversing with my good self over breakfast this morning

She looked at me and instead of saying could you please pass the salt she said I hate you you repulse me you've ruined my life I want a divorce

enoch

My wife had a freudian slip whilst conversing with my good self over breakfast this morning

She looked at me and instead of saying could you please pass the salt she said I hate you you repulse me you've ruined my life I want a divorce
Well not knowing the lady I can understand.

Jaycey

African Refugee

My biggest mistake today was in only half listening to my wife while absorbed in sorting out our utility bills.

An hour later there was a knock at the door and a lady dropped off a box with four street puppies inside.

IMAG0397.jpg

I said WTH (or something similar) and Valentyna said “but I told you I wanted to foster pups from the shelter and you nodded OK”.

For the foreseeable future I will look carefully before I tread , VERY carefully!

Kanga

Oh dear, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. . . .

Life with Anthony tends to be one big mishap (in a nice way . . . sort of), he's so accident prone. One Christmas, we were out with friends and as he was talking; he knocked a full pint of beer over the friend sitting next to him, lots of apologies, mopping up of the table and a fresh pint later, he did exactly the same again. Needless to say, everyone moved away from him. xx

enoch

Life with Anthony tends to be one big mishap (in a nice way . . . sort of), he's so accident prone. One Christmas, we were out with friends and as he was talking; he knocked a full pint of beer over the friend sitting next to him, lots of apologies, mopping up of the table and a fresh pint later, he did exactly the same again. Needless to say, everyone moved away from him. xx
Is that how you do social distancing

Chasey

Whilst clearing out the wardrobe for our house move my wife showed me a dress I baught her 20 years ago as an anniversary gift and asked if she should keep it.

Might as well bin it I said

Your will never fit in it now :D

Latest Posts

Top Bottom