What type of holiday will you take in Turkey next year?

• Package - all inclusive hotel

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Package - Hotel (full or part board)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Package - self catering

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • DIY - book own flights and accommodation privately

Votes: 110 87.3%

• Total voters

Peregrine

What kind of holiday do you take in Turkey?
Hi

its often stated that a property for sale has "good letting potential" and the emlaks certainly seem to big up the rental opportunities when you are buying. I wonder how many of the holidaymakers destined for Turkey this year are looking for a self-catering place, and how many are going for the various package deals?

the feedback you give will be of use to all of us homeowners or wannabe owners

the options are:

1 Package - all inclusive at hotel
2 Package - - Hotel (full or half board)
3 Package - self catering
4 DIY - book own flights and accommodation

thnx

Last edited:

Peregrine

CrashTester said:
for me it all comes down to price, availability and the easiest option.

For that reason in the past its been All inclusive for us as the price Ive paid has often been £30/£40 more than staying B&B. So even if we have a few drinks a day or a meal its usually worth it just to book AI and still be able to afford to go out and about.

Also, self catering takes a bit more planning to pull off. Again personally, we have relied heavily on the last minute market but being a fairly young childless couple we have been able to do that.

but did you vote? the stats are going to be as important as the Obama/McCain clash you know

interesting to note that out of 100 views only 15 votes - does this indicate a lack of interest in holidaying in Turkey (or that most of the TLF either live there or have their own property there)

Last edited:

Peregrine

CrashTester said:
No I didnt. At the moment I'd vote All inclusive. But by next year I hope to have an apartment in Turkey in which case it will be DIY forever!

oops, flaw in the voting (not enough categories)

really looking for the number of people that would rent a house as opposed to using their own. That would allow property owners here to advertise with the knowledge that there was a market. 14 probably isnt enough to sustain much more that 3 houses?

now at 27 this is looking a bit more promising - next poll: what do you want from a rental place#

30/10 - now were getting somewhere - 42 replies. keep it up guys

01/11 - 52 replies. this is looking more promising. Some comments from the DIY guys would be good (especially on the thread about what do you look for)

Last edited:

cvcegdge

i'll be looking for rental (villa) for next summer, my criteria are:

private pool
washing machine
tv (for my son, not me -honest)
that's about it, anything 'extra' is a plus.
washing machine and private pool are essential - otherwise why pay extra?

hope that helps :)

parrot

Peregrine said:
Hi

its often stated that a property for sale has "good letting potential" and the emlaks certainly seem to big up the rental opportunities when you are buying. I wonder how many of the holidaymakers destined for Turkey this year are looking for a self-catering place, and how many are going for the various package deals?

the feedback you give will be of use to all of us homeowners or wannabe owners
As an owner I don't see this being any benefit,don't you mean owners who want let out their house/villa/apt.Those who were given useless guarantees of income from their purchase.
If I wasn't an owner,there are benefits from all the choices depending on your circumstances.For many years I wouldn't go anywhere if it wasn't A/I but now if I don't stay at my villa I prefer either self catering or B&B.

Peregrine

parrot said:
As an owner I don't see this being any benefit,don't you mean owners who want let out their house/villa/apt.Those who were given useless guarantees of income from their purchase.
If I wasn't an owner,there are benefits from all the choices depending on your circumstances.For many years I wouldn't go anywhere if it wasn't A/I but now if I don't stay at my villa I prefer either self catering or B&B.

well its normally me being slated for being negative. ho hum

still 91 replies with 89% wanting to self-book somewhere its looking like good news for owners (who want to rent out their places)

I also hear that Turkey is going to be a popular destination next year with the exchange rate looking good. Heres hoping for full bookings.

Nows the time to refresh those ads in the member properties for rent section especially if you have a private pool and a washing machine!

Gail

Thurstan has a villa in Kusadasi maybe he is thinking of renting it out, lets hope he looks in to see these results.

turtle-webs

I live here so no point in doing the poll from me, however before buying it was always DIY but then it was to date my Turkish girlfriend, later to visit family, etc.

I would say that this forum is largely used by owners, potential owners or long term renters that plan to live or repeatedly visit Turkey more than one time holiday makers. I would say that demographic would mostly go for DIY because they know what they are doing and maybe want more of a Turkish experience than a just a holiday in the sun. I would suggest if you wanted to do some more acurate market research to use one of the holiday forums and post it in the Turkey categories as well.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom