Firebrand

What is the level of crime like in Dalaman?
Hi

my husband is over in Dalaman at the moment trying to sort the paper work out on our holiday flat. He has been told by Turkish friends who live in Istanbul and Ankara not to buy any electrical goods, like a fridge, as they would get stolen if the flat was unoccupied. I was quite shocked by that. How real a threat do people think that is in Dalaman? Is the answer burglar alarms?

Thanks

Peregrine

how weird.

maybe they were just winding him up

obviously you need some sort of security on a holiday home but to not buy a fridge etc because it might get burgled does strike me as being bizzarre

no doubt some of our Dalamanite members can shed more light on this 9unless they have had their computers stolen!!)

Firebrand

Unfortunately they were serious. And odd that both lots of friends came out with it.

What I was wondering is how much of their warnings was down to possible scaremongering about problems with holiday homes on the coast within the Turkish community, and how much of it was actually true. (A bit like fear of having your holiday home in Wales torched maybe?):brick:

scotgus

Hi Firebrand

We have a house out in Dalaman and have had no problems and i can only speak where we are at Akkaya that i have never heard of any problems. However i have heard of some breaking's on the forum and i am sure someone will come along soon with there misfortune. Do you have security where you stay?

JohnF

If they werent simply winding him up then it is through a lack of any real knowledge of the area or the usual patterns involved with holiday home break ins.

The vast majority of break ins occur when properties are occupied; the most common targets being cash, credit cards, mobile phones, cameras etc. I've yet to hear of a break in where they bothered to lift anything much heavier/larger than a TV or PC (although I'm sure someone must have had their fridge nicked).

Maybe it says more about the areas these folks live in that they think this is a concern...

JF

Firebrand

Sorry, I think I got hold of the wrong end of the stick, and misunderstood what he was saying. Some background - he is over in Turkey trying to sort the tapu etc and getting very frustrated, partly because our builder was one of those imprisoned in the wave of anti-corruption crackdown. So everything is still more uncertain than it could be. What he was saying was that he had been advised not to buy the stuff he had gone over to get, as until he has the tapu we could lose them as well to the 'crooks and thieves'.

jazzcazz

Hi Firebrand,

Our builder was also one of those imprisoned in the wave of anti-corruption crackdown. What is the name of your builder and the development as we may be able to compare notes.

Caz

Firebrand

Hi JazzCazz - I've PM'd you as I wasn't sure about the legality of saying things here.

Are there many of us on here whose builders are in prison as a result of the anti corruption clean up?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom