oldfogy

Just passing through
What is classed as Furniture?
Strange question maybe , but what is classed as FURNITURE in the sale of a property?
My Villa is up for sale but people are saying (without even viewing) that they do not want the furniture,

My Turkish friend says ok then we empty the place of everything including ac units, cooker, fridge freezer and anything else that is either free-standing or fixed.
The likes of Sofas and a couple of arm-chairs then yes I can understand that, now apart from my own bed EVERYTHING is literally less than 18 months old as I bought literally everything new when I bout the villa.

Last edited:
Personally I would empty everything & just leave the fixed items like the aircon & the built in oven.

Hopefully you will be able to find someone to buy it all/most of it in one job lot.

Unfortunately, different people have different tastes in furnishings. Your items will look a bit old fashioned to younger buyers. Other people just don't like anything second hand.

I hope that you have made a profit on the villa, to cover a loss on the furniture.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Yes more than enough profit, and the furniture can always be used in the next new project where it will be more than useful plus all the kitchen utensils etc will be required on my new boat when it arrives next month from the builders.

Mushroom

I would not shift anything until you have finalised the sale. It may fall through and the next purchaser may want it furnished. Good luck with the sale.
I agree. When all is finalised, you can decide what to do with everything thats not fixed and fitted.
I sold ours with all furniture and fittings because the buyer wanted it. I even left a bottle of Vodka and my box set of The Sweeney because the sale went through as I was at 35000 feet going back to the UK.
If he didn't it would have been sold on.
Good luck.

enoch

I've heard some buyers will not take the furniture because of covid, that's what my neighbour was told putting her apartment on sale.

juco

I would not shift anything until you have finalised the sale. It may fall through and the next purchaser may want it furnished. Good luck with the sale.
Price with furniture with a list of all items being left, even down to a teaspoon.
And adjust pricing to suit like inflate the `all items` price with option to have unfurnished so if they take unfurnished you have recovered some of the furniture costs.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom