bobthenob

Non Active Member
What is Christianity
l have been told many times from others l have Christian values and also have been called a Christian.
l have always stated l am not a Christian,even though l do my up-most but within reason to approach life in a civil and moral way towards others[criminal minded are exempt].
So!.l am quite intrigue to hear from others with their point of view on the subject of,"What is a Christian".
1/What is a Christian
2/What you need to do to qualify as a Christian
These two questions l put forward is because l hear so many people going around claiming to be Christian,but are delving in non-Christian ways.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
What is Christianity
Good question bob, I would also like to know is what actually happens when people say they are born again christians.
I know of a man who during his short marriage beat his wife and more or less kept her prisoner, thankfully she ahs left him, but he is now a "born again christian".

Is this a term for being forgiven for your sins.

I can;t get my head round it.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
What is Christianity
I believe there was probably a man called Jesus but I don't believe that he was "Christ". What does that make me ?:wink:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ[/ame]

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
What is Christianity
You don't have to be Christian Bob to be moral and good values and vice-versaa.

l agree with you Martyn.This is why l want to hear from others on what they think of the religious and non religious side of life.
To me,going to church and wearing some religious symbol on one's body does not qualify that person to be a Christian.To qualify as a Christian comes from within,"from the heart" and no where else.This will show others how deep that persons conscience is to do what is right towards others and what not to do because he believes in high standards of ethical behaviour that bonds a relationship with strength.

l have noticed the many that go around preaching their Christian have a negative approach towards others to selfishly gain something.They know what their doing is wrong and plan their motives only to deceive others.They have a treacherous heart knowing full well in what they do is wrong,but has the tendency to pursue their plan into deceiving others in making them think is right.

l hate when people go to church and wear a religious symbol and then claim to be something their not.Here is something that hits the mark."Having a form of Godly devotion,but proving false to it's power"is so common in people that has the tendency to have a heart filled with treachery.

The devil knows every meaning and every word in the bible,and also does wear religious symbols to deceive others into his way of thinking."Does this make him Christian".Of course not.This is why one must be careful of someone that is displaying something on the outside that is showing kindness,but within that person is also a hidden sinister heart ready to make it's attack.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
What is Christianity
I think there's far to much "Join our club, wear our badge, believe what we believe in because we're right, or you'll be dammed if you don't ".

That's what tends to put most people of off any religion whether it's Christianity, Hunduism, Islam etc.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
What is Christianity
I think there's far to much "Join our club, wear our badge, believe what we believe in because we're right, or you'll be dammed if you don't ".

That's what tends to put most people of off any religion whether it's Christianity, Hunduism, Islam etc.

Absolutely true.These so called groups that preach a form of Godly devotion is really deceiving the people into their ways,while at the same time are proving again and again false to it's power.ln other words they are forcing people into the tribe with false promises and friendship.Some are even threatened to join the religion or face the consequences.
True Christianity never forces people into something they do not want to do.lt is up to the individual to see what is right and make their own minds up on what they want.
lt says very clearly.:Let the children come to me..This means on a voluntary basis only without any forceful behaviour or deceiving motives to con you into something you don't want

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
What is Christianity
One definition of Christianity is 'a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament', and a Christian as 'a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination'.

I was brought up in the Christian faith and 'was made' to attend Sunday school and church. It was just part of things then and I never really questioned it until I left home, although many times throughout my rebellious teenage years I did resent having to go to church.

I moved away from home at 18 and haven't gone to church regularly since. I haven't forced my two kids to go either although both were baptised (more to appease grandparents!)

My kids are pretty caring towards others and are very tolerant of other races and religions which I am very proud of because I have to admit I'm generally not, but having said that, I'm just as intolerant of many white, Christian types as well!

I know right from wrong but I'm prone to temptation like all of our species - I believe however, that I'm much more good than bad, to put it simply.

The question for me is did I get these values from my Christian upbringing and teachings and I would have to give that an emphatic 'No', as my kids haven't been indoctrinated in the Christian faith, yet they have this strong sense of morality.

I have long believed that you are either good or evil and this is 'in' you - it doesn't need anyone thumping a bible at you or brainwashing you every week.

I don't like being referred to as a 'Christian' and I have no idea what qualifications you need to be one, but judging by many 'Christians' I've known over the years, integrity, honesty, and many of the other so-called 'Commandments' aren't a requirement for membership.

And don't even start me on the born again variety.....

C

What is Christianity
I too know someone similar, set the house on fire with his family in and is now a 'man of God'.
My view is that you don't have to believe or go to Church to be a good person, being kind and compassionate and helping others is what really matters.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
What is Christianity
To have Christian values is also how you have been brought up.lf one has a way of thinking on a view of “There is more happiness in giving then there is in receiving.Draws you to that person who is sincere about your life and wants to help.This strengthens and bonds relationships and the community as a security of trust and honesty.
Unfortunately there are those in the community that are hell bent in breaking up that security and degenerate the community with their deceptive motives.l have been observing the characters of these people of today on how they sometimes expose themselves of what they are.lt is quite simple to look for the signs.
1/lf they preach often l am a Christian,”watch out”,because true Christianity does not go around telling others they are Christians.The devil does that and that should give you a clue.
2/Have you noticed how many nowadays are becoming Gods and want to be treated as a God.To idolize something is a form of worshipping.Celebrities,politicians,dictators,religious leaders,rock groups,footballers are all idolized and are acting like their gods.
3/The amount of people that are far more interested in money,because of the ego of materialism is seen as a power.Their not interested in other people’s feelings,as long as they have that money to buy them into a position of power over others.That is their God.
4/A natural affection has been deteriorating at an alarming rate.The most common selfish behaviour amongst partners is to leave behind their responsibilities in life and set up another new life with another partner or many partners.
5/Have you noticed in the news how many stories reflect minds that lack self control.lt seems our society favours aggression more then the one’s that stands up to what is morally right.
6Children are far more disloyal and disobedient then ever before,with kids now a days ordering their parents around.And the kid knows if you use discipline.The child will go straight to the police and tell porkies about you to get his way.
7/Sexual liberation has created a degenerating society with attitudes of morality is the enemy and having as many partners as possible has changed the minds of thinking their’s nothing wrong in it.
8/Many well known churches that preach a godly devotion,but has proved so many times false to it’s power are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.Priests are being sued for the raping of children in the pass and visiting brothels and are guilty of many genocide atrocities around the world.
There are a lot more of so called Christian preaching Godly devotion,but are so hypocritical in what they do that they are not only lying to themselves,but to others as well.What l have mentioned above are many so called Christian delving in this behaviour and are quilt as sin

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
What is Christianity
Some of these christians reminds me of a country & wetern song . The words are =

I go to church on a sunday . The vows that i make i break them on monday
The rest of the week I do as i please But come sunday morning i'm down on my knees !
I once went to a born again church out of curiosity . The preacher was saying *give your heart to God " He went on to have a collection of Jewellery in a bucket !
People gave rings and gold chains To God . he asked me for my gold . I asked him how he was going to get it to heaven to God , People are brainwashed . This preacher drives a new £49.000 car oviously from the gold he waighs in ,
I went to sunday school i enjoyed it . My dad used to tell me if one man is'nt enough a thousand is'nt to many , I never believed in sex befor marriage { that surprised my Turkish Husband } ha ha . I try to help people if i can and go to church for weddings and funerals , I do believe in God and think other religions have the right to believe in thier God , My favorite place to say a prayer is on the beach at sunset . So i dont no if i'm christian or not ? I think it comes from within you .

Guz1

What is Christianity
I think, Bob, that a Christian is someone who believes that Jesus is God - part of the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Spirit; that in fulfilment of the Old Testament scriptures he suffered, died and rose again to save mankind from eternal damnation.

I suppose that a good Christian is one who tries to live by Jesus' teachings of love and mercy. Only God knows which of us is truly good or bad, so I reckon it's best to let him do the judging.

Reactions: GnD

bobthenob

Non Active Member
What is Christianity
l have to disagree with the one's that believe jesus is a God.He has made it clear on who to worship and that is of his father,Jesus is not a God.lt was man that has mannipulated the scriptures into thinking Jesus should be worshipped as a God.Jesus did explain to be careful who you bow down to.Even Jesus said to his followers not to bow down to him.
Trinity is not mentioned in the bible.What is mentioned is the three as seperate.That does not make it a trinity.So,here is another example of what is a Christian to what is being taught that is decieving them into thinking that they are Christians,because of the false religious leaders have distorted certian scriptures to gain a power over the community by exploiting their ignorance.
Something else that is taught wrongly to gain power over the people.ls to put fear into people to abide by what the preists says or go to hell to burn for eternaty.
"Well"1,excuse me Mr Preist man.Any loving God wouldnever inflict such a stupid barbaric act on no one,because it will not prove anything and also it does not mention anything in the bible about eternal suffering in hell fire.This is another distorted teaching only to inflict fear over the people for selfish reasons only

Last edited by a moderator:

Guz1

What is Christianity
Well, Bob, your question was What is Christianity? I told you what I believe. You are free to believe anything you like.

Reactions: GnD
What is Christianity
the term Christian was first used in Antioch..now Antakya ..in South East Turkey.
this is the place where many apostles and other followers of Jesus fled to after the crucifixion. there they preached the gospel and became known as Christians..followers of Christ.
The message that Christ gave was to love one another.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
What is Christianity
l never knew that.l thought the term Christian was used before the crucifixion,because of the many followers at that time did class themselves as Christians.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is Christianity
No bob..you have to read your New Testament...

26....''and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.''
Acts 11:26 (New International Version)

Acts 11:26: "And at first in Antioch the taught ones were called Kristianous.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom