Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
What do you waste time doing?
I heard this debate on the radio this morning and it got me thinking, exactly how much time do I waste doing whatever, and here are a few of mine for starters:-

Sitting in queues of traffic, here in the UK there's just so many cars out there that even to go to fill up petrol I sometimes can sit waiting for 10-15 minutes

Worrying and getting niggled at the things that I cannot change and anyway they are not life threatening, just annoying, lik a fly on the end of your nose

Sifting through and sorting out junk mail, esp after a holiday when I know 99% of the post is for the bin, but still have to sift through it

Going into a room and forgetting why I am there, but that's just an age thing, lol, and will only get worse.

Sorting out things whenever we go to Turkey, always have to queue for something or the other to do with payments of this and that, but now going to start direct debits payments

Probably lots more, anyone any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Martyn

Queuing of any sort. If we go out shopping I want to be at the shop in question at opening time whereas my wife will want to do lots of things at home then go out with the masses at 2pm.:noidea:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Hi Lesley . I waste time thinking should i wash my hair or just go to bed !
Snap . sorting out junk mail . Listening to music when a company puts me on hold or in a Que . Wondering around supermarket when i only wanted bread ! But never waste time on tlf Thats a Must do every day hahaha

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
TLF - 12 hours a day.

Oh I wouldn't miss my favourite Hobby, wasting time, not at all, maybe you should start a poll on how much time we spend on TLF. Lol.

Hi Lesley . I waste time thinking should i wash my hair or just go to bed !
Snap . sorting out junk mail . Listening to music when a company puts me on hold or in a Que . Wondering around supermarket when i only wanted bread ! But never waste time on tlf Thats a Must do every day hahaha

Awww, welcome back Diane, glad you got your Computer and ID sorted and you're back enjoying TLF once again. Don't you feel like you've lost loads of good mates, I know I did when my computer went AWOL recently, Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

juco

I suppose its relative to what is considered a waste of time.
As we will all die....eventually, then living is a waste of time.

ted j

Shopping, When Kath says"try in here for trainers/jeans/whatever" and i just know even before i go in the shop that i won't find what i want in there, but we have to look at EVERY item in the shop, and 15 minutes later, i've just wasted 15 minutes. Ted

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Beer in bottles is better than beer in cans, cans have a ring pull, bottles need the bottle opener. For me it's looking for the bottle opener. I usually ( sometimes ) know where the thing is at the start of the evening, however .............

Steve.

I waste time sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee and the crossword, watching the sea - when I should be doing the housework, shopping, paying bells etc etc etc! But heigh-ho, retirement is wonderful!!!!!!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Every 3 months I drive down to Kas, get on a boat and go across to Meis / Kastellorizo. Then I have a wander around the island, either up to the airport, one of the old churches, or around one of the harbours. Then I have a swim and a coffee or two in one of the harbourside cafes. I get some Duty Free and get on the boat back to Kas and drive home.

It's a complete and utter waste of a day.

And I just love doing it ! :roundgrin:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom