Kilkenny Cat

What Do You Think Is A Reasonable Discount?
:468bo:The cold weather has prompted me to renew my interest in looking for a holiday apartment (currently looking in Akbuk area) either new or 2nd hand. Without having a serious grasp of the market it is difficult to think what % level you shoud offer below the offer price particularly with those sales that are not already discounted. Any suggestions?

Tess

Re: What Do You T?ink Is A Reasonable Discount?

Kilkenny whilst it is super to get a bargain, just be vitally sure in any transaction all the necessary paperwork is in place, Tapu, habitation cert, no debts etc and then do your best to get a bargain and a percentage of the asking price after all that. Good luck with your quest to find your dream property and in all stages of the sale check, check, and double check. You are not being rude you are being sensible. Best wishes and happy hunting. Akbuk is a lovely wee spot. Take a look at Members properties for sale and have a look at the top of the page at the Crescent homes banner just click into it for ideas on costs and specs available.

Re: What Do You T?ink Is A Reasonable Discount?

Good luck in your search.

Check,check and check again.
Ask what you may think are the stupid questions.
Look at as many properties as you can from as many different estate agents as possible.,
Don't forget its your money , don't get pressurised into buying there will always be other properties to look at.
Use an independent solicitor

Last edited by a moderator:

carolk

R.I.P
Kilkeny Cat, there are some very good properties around at the moment so you should have a good choice. Many heavily discounted and many would negotiate. As has been said, it is the documentation you need to check out above all else as, there is no point in acquiring your dream home in the sun for it to turn into a nightmare. Having said that it is easily done without any problems as long as you check at the beginning that all is in order. Good luck.

Hi Kilkenny Cat,
AS other posters have said; check, check and then check again, ALL paperwork.
Do as much research as possible and write down all your questions and dont be afraid to ask those questions.
Check out the London Turkish Embassy web site, you will find all you need to know about buying property in Turkey.Take note of ALL the advice they give and you cant go wrong.
I recently bought in Didim and i have to say it was THE most territying thing I have ever done in my life.
I am not sure if I can name the estate agent that I used, so if you want to pm me, no problem.
I live in Clonmel. Almost next door to you. So if i can be of any help to you at all, you can get in touch.

Best of luck in finding your place.
Mary.:bounce:

Last edited by a moderator:

juco

This has been asked before and all the usual answers are given with the best intentions and people still get caught out.

We all say do your homework and check various web sites.

One option is to do all that, make a list of what you think needs to be done and checked and then post it on here so we can see what you plan to do.

There are bucket loads on here that have been caught out and have loads of experience.

If you post your intentions than other members can guide you as to what is missing or needing checked.

Just my opinion.

Guz1

I don't think there is such a thing as a reasonable discount. In these uncertain times much will depend on whether the seller can afford to hold out for a higher price. Set yourself a budget and go looking for the best property you can get within your budget. Remember to allow for the cost of buying (taxes, fees, etc.).

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Why donĀ“t you just rent long-term?

Keep your money in the bank and look around at your leisure for a few years.

Ian

Kilkenny Cat

Thanks everybody for your considered and helpful comments. I will keep you posted when matters move forward.:thanks:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom