pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
What Do Turks Think About Older Wives ???
I was thinking today about something my Husband said last night , and i wondered what do turks think of european woman married to younger Turkish Husbands ... Do the men get teased ect ...If your hubby / wife is turkish and theres a age gap then whats your opinion .....Or whats your opinion anyway ......Diane

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Well mine always says that age does not matter -- it"s what the heart feels that"s important --
and by the way - I haven"t any money !!! --- he has lol

:27:

lara

OMGosh Diane, this is a doozy.

I suppose it depends on the age gap, I personally think that if your both happy it isn't anyone's business, but if the age gap starts out not to be a problem but then later developes into one, for instance children may become an issue, then others will naturally pick up on this.

Mixed relationships are hard work already, throw age difference into the mix and I'm sure that will force any cracks that exist, into the relationship.
Again, it depends on the couple.

Well that my view, I,m not Turkish but I do love a happy ending.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Well mine always says that age does not matter -- it"s what the heart feels that"s important --
and by the way - I haven"t any money !!! --- he has lol

:27:

My sentiments exactly, I'm only expressing my opinion (as not married/partner with a Turkish National), but Sue you're so right, love and being to-gether is to me, far more important than a number. You and Ibrahim are, imho proof of that, to hell with what people think, if you love each other why bother what others think/say about you, they've no idea how that person and you are to each other, Ibo is always there for you, I can't wait to hear what your surprise is that he went off and bought whilst you were here staying with us.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
I think I have got to wait til FEb 14th for that surprise LOL
:eyeye:

alison09400

My hubby is 2yrs younger than me so not really an age gap.
Regarding those couples with a significant age gap between them, many of them work out far more don't. Like any relationship people have to go in with their eyes wide open.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
My hubby is 2yrs younger than me so not really an age gap.
Regarding those couples with a significant age gap between them, many of them work out far more don't. Like any relationship people have to go in with their eyes wide open.

Well we have done well for the last 15 years !! No complaints at all

alison09400

Well we have done well for the last 15 years !! No complaints at all

Great news Luckycat and I'm pleased to hear of another "mixed" marriage doing well. My hubby and I will be together 22 years this June. I didn't say that relationships with a bigger age gap didn't work....I said that there are more don't than do.

TURKISH BEGINNER

TURKISH BEGINNER
I am with a Turkish man, more than 10 yrs my junior, he had an arranged marriage when he was 18, had a son and it didnt work out and got divorced......He has custody of his boy and we have been together 3 yrs...He is begging to get married, not because i have money or a passport to England, as his son is more important than any of that.....We live with Turkish neighbours who were at first asking, "why are you with an older woman when you are young and handsome" his reply.... I was married to a young turkish girl who lied and treated me like dirt, i could have give her a smack like most Turkish men do, but i dont believe in that, she only wanted money and never gave me no love.....Now i am happier than i have been since my son was born, we dont have a lot, but we both love and trust each other and if i have 20 years of this, it makes up for everything..............................So yes people do talk, but i dont give a damn, i was married and brought up 2 boys in the UK, unfortunately for me had an a--hole of a husband who never gave me money for the boys but drove a bmw and wore fancy clothes and was a womaniser...This last 3 years have been the happiest for me............

perfect1949

i just love my clique
dont get me going about this subject it make,s my blood boil . i came over here with a woman, and she went off with a turkish toy boy, she 58 he 23 . and it cost me 20 k to get her name off the tapu . of coarse it did not last , most of the turkish boy,s not all of them , because i know a few that or happy with their turkish partners. but a lot of them get what they can, then go on to their next conquest

Gail

We were sat in a little Turkish kebab place and an English woman in her 50's came in with her boyfriend who would have been early 20's, they ate and when they left all the waiters and the cooks went and stood by the door watching them go down the road and everyone of them were laughing at them, so yes some of them do laugh I have seen it with my own eyes. But, I think it's wonderful for the couples who make their relationship/marriage work. I agree with Alison, far more fail than work and I didn't realise quite how many until I came to live here. The ones that work I think are probably based on love the ones that don't are probably based on one side of the relationship wanting something out of the relationship and just taking it with no care at all for the other half of the relationship.

Last edited:

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
My husband is younger than me and although I was concerned about the age difference in the early days of our relationship, I soon got over it. We live in a small Turkish community and I have always been made to feel welcome, any curiosity shown was to do with my nationality, rather than my age.

The Turkish authorities certainly had a concern when I went for citizenship as they requested our local Yabanci police double check that we were living together. They did the usual check before I went for my interview (came to see as at 11pm, I was in my PJ's!) but they were asked by the authorities to check again before my papers were sent to Ankara. They did a tour of the neighbours who, of course, all know me. I am cool with this as giving someone citizenship is a huge deal and they can do all the checks they want as far as I am concerned.

The question got me thinking about how we would be looked at in the UK if we lived there and, I suspect, it would be very different, particulary with people who don't know us. I think there is much more of an obsession about age in the UK and I am thankful it isn't something we will have to deal with.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Well the question seems to be "What do Turks think about older foreign wifes and young Turkish men ?"......
I think people are taking a risk when marrying a much younger partner, but then, marriage is always a bit of a risk...... and some marriages will succeed and some won't
As for Turks, I think that especially Turkish women tend to look down to those mixed relations with an age gap, maybe because they would like the men for themselves ?

Personnaly I was once sitting on a hill side with a (too) young Turkish boy besides me, some elderly Turkish women came and sat a bit further and one of them asked me "o─člun mu ?" (is it your son), I laughed it away, because there was nothing really going on between me and him, but it didn't feel very good....
So I think it is more accepted by men then by women........., which is normal, as Turkish women have nothing gain by it

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Here in Antalya city itself, there currently seems to more focus by the Turkish women of younger, thinner, prettier Russian girls marrying the older, richer, successful Turkish male..can't think why!

I have heard amongst many of a truly deep dislike of these relationships and certainly have witnessed at a primary school gathering where the mums are all sat around a dinner table, the Turkish mums physically turn their backs on the Russian mum and continue to talk amongst themselves.

Regarding the older Western woman & younger Turk male..well i have seen many couples ridiculed when there's an obvious huge age gap but not of those say, around 10 years.

haybags

i think its really down to love and trust more than age.i am older than my husband and yes certainly in his village its been very well discussed.he has fought all of them,some have realised its true love and some people will never accept it.its more typical for a younger girl to marry older men but it does happen the other way round too.we know of one woman in his village that married a younger man.i think as its becoming more and more common it will be a thing of the past eventually :)

perfect1949

i just love my clique
ask yourself this if a young tukkish boy, was at a disco in england , would he go for the older lady i dont think so

Saoirse

Obviously there are a number of these relationships which work out very well and good luck to them.

I would however say in many cases its the old "visa geezer" syndrome-however in a lot of these cases the older women are bound to actually know that they are just being used and are happy to go along with it.

Thats their business and whatever floats your boat

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
My experience is that the reaction of Turks generally is 'he only married her to get to England'. Turks usually marry younger women although families are tolerant of these age-gap relationships as they see the advantages :)

We got together 1995 and even years into our relationship friends he had in the UK still made comments to Murat about marrying me to get to the UK. Eventually they became incredulous and were very complimentary about us - all the odds were against us. I was older, certainly no beauty and to top it all was unable to have babies. But everyone grudgingly admitted we were definitely the real deal.

Do I think young Turks generally desire older women? No not really. But other motives always colour the picture and that goes for any relationship. Do I think they work? Well 2 out of 3 don't in general anyway so I guess that makes it even tougher. But I have seen too many women with men who are using them over the years to use flowery phrases like 'age doesn't matter - love conquers all' because that only works when love is actually there on both sides.

I think those of us that found the real thing with our younger Turks are the lucky ones.

im an older woman with a younger man and we are a normal couple...well maybe not really normal...we have more or less the same temperament which in our case is a plus..nobody else would put up with us..so we get on together...and its our business anyway.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom