yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
I'm not really big on beef burgers in fact I tend to avoid them and would never order one when out for a meal even those that claim to be gourmet, just not my bag, however linsey bought some virtually fat free steak burgers from Costco which to be fair were very good, as I'm home alone I decided to cook the remaining 6 with a view to having 2 of them on rolls tonight and froze the other 4 in pairs for another day, I finished them off in a griddle pan, the texture was fine but the taste was rank, they clearly need cooking and eating straight away or burning on the BBQ, the othe 4 will be lifted out the freezer and either binned or left out for the foxes or feral cats or whatever else may be brave enough to eat them.
Having little bottles of San Miguel but the after taste of the burger is dominating my palette.
Won't happen again

Last edited:

Hilsjw

Has anyone tried Sauerkraut? I’ve never had it but thinking of making it, is it worth my time and what do you eat it with? Thank you
Yes, Bill loves sauerkraut and he tried to make it a few month ago.....don't do it. It stank the fridge out and we couldn't even face trying it. A jar of it is so cheap, it's not worth the effort (nor the disappointment) in trying to make it !!! You can eat it with German sausage or salad or whatever takes your fancy. Buy a jar and tell us what you think !

Hilsjw

Roast belly pork. crackling not too bad for a change. asparagus. Crushed potatoes with lots of garlic. Quite good. Martin - I see you have given me a dislike for my tuna steaks :unsure::unsure::unsure: I'm all worries now !

Mushroom

Tonight, seeing as the boss has done her 10 hour shift in her dark cave, I have put pork chops in the oven (she doesn't really do meat, but a pork chop doesn't count?)
Together with rosters, broccoli and thick bisto gravy, mint sauce and apple sauce.
Voddy and diet coke for an aperitif.
The strange veggie journo daughter is out at a friend's and has been in a bit of pain with a wisdom tooth (I suggested it was an implant) so her culinary requirements might be limited.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight is mince and onions prepared earlier this month and baked potato with marrowfat peas as I cant be arsed chopping cabbage carrots and swede for one, ( Im taking a load over to Linseys dads, she said she will cook it and portion it so I can freeze it) makes sense as we are having an 89th birthday dinner with him on Sunday and she will have the pans going.
Tonight is unfiltered Stella and some Portuguese beer with a red label Dauro ?

Hilsjw

They don't mention vinegar on chips - my choice. bill goes for mayonnaise. Off to Worcester this morning until Monday. Made a big pan of sausage meat balls in a carrot, onion, red pepper, garlic, celery and tomato sauce to take up for tonight. Last night we had bacon, fried eggs and chips. Not very healthy but easy and quite tasty.

429nufc

The problem with "Vinegar" is that you either get Vinegar , a fermented , brewed product or Non Brewed Condiment, which is just acid coloured with caramel or other colouring.
I actually prefer NBC but I'm sure it takes the lining of your stomach

Mushroom

If you look at that green section just above the Humber, it goes from the North sea on the East coast to its extreme on the west of it.
That is to our house in the salad cream range for me.
It changes to gravy in our back garden for the strange veggie journo daughter.
It looks like the boss ought to be in Scotland for her vinegar needs.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom