Mushroom

What did you have tonight
Tonight it's an earlier meal due to collecting the strange veggie journo daughter from the crap hole known as LBA. Delayed 1 hour to 8.30pm courtesy of the crap Aer Lingus.
I have prepared a chicken casserole with Broccoli and rosters for me and the boss.
Strictly 2 glasses of wine at 4pm ish with food and water to follow.
If the strange veggie journo daughter is hungry as she arrives home, she might have to do with a frozen veggie pizza?

Hilsjw

Pulled all the stops out and made an excellent picnic to eat with our daughter in her allotment. She got it about 6 months ago and Bill and I helped her paint the shed, did loads of weeding and Bill put about 30 wheelbarrow loads of wood chips where she wanted it. Well, to see the place yesterday - to say I was disappointed and very angry would be an understatement. Totally overgrown. I know she is based in High Wycombe but she gets most weekends off which she spends in Eastbourne. I said to Bill, let's go home. We did and now have a super picnic which will last us a couple of days for lunch. (yesterday was lunch and dinner !)

429nufc

Most allotmenteers turn up and do a little every day. Partially because you have to and partially to avoid whoever is indoors. The other failure is when a group of friends decide to get one together, it almost never works out and one person is left struggling to run it.
If she isn’t maintaining it her allotment neighbours will sharp have her thrown off

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Heene Terrace. Victorian listed terrace built in about 1865. Opposite the gardens and the beach. Nice place but very expensive to maintain. Can't have double glazing etc etc.
Is that alongside the Premier inn Hils , love worthing , spent so much time with my paternal grandparents there .
Steve

Hilsjw

Yes, not far for the P. Inn. At the side of the Burlington Hotel. If you are ever this way Steve, let me know and we will be delighted to meet you and offer you both lunch or dinner. Hilary.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Yes, not far for the P. Inn. At the side of the Burlington Hotel. If you are ever this way Steve, let me know and we will be delighted to meet you and offer you both lunch or dinner. Hilary.
Bless you Hilary , such a kind offer , we would be delighted to make the acquaintance , we are soon off to Turkey for September and part of october , are you guys venturing forth again this year ?
Steve

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Wehad a Morrisons Kleftico , lamb and potatoes in aaplaccy bag , emptied out into roasting tray , 45 mins later a delish dish , with sweated in butter garlic green beans .
Vimto zero and some rum n max
Steve

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
On Sunday I noticed Lidl were selling Pre packed Chinese meals for 2, I'm living alone at the moment so almost walked on by, I lifted it up and it wasn't heavy so I thought I would give it a go at £3.99, so starting with prawn crackers they were nice and crispy decent flavour but a bit greasy, the sweet and sour chicken and chicken in blackbean sauce along with the rice all went in the oven together, there were 4 mini spring rolls that Cooked for half the 25 minutes of the mains, wasn't expecting great things and fidnt get great things but I felt whilst the sauces were weak there was plenty of chicken, the meal for 2 was all about the rice, there was loads, not bad for £4 but not a meal for 2 unless you are not hungry but a decent large meal for 1 so long as you don't eat all the rice. Overall not great but ok for the money.

Hilsjw

Steve, we were booked to go to Akbuk in September but have cancelled due to a family memorial service. Would come at just the wrong time !! Booked again for mid April next year. We keep missing you Steve !

Hilsjw

After lots of left over chicken salad at lunchtime. Last night - onions, garlic, skinned peppers, chilli, handful of frozen peas and spinach. Creme fraiche with a touch of water to make a good sauce. Penne. Topped with crispy streaky bacon, fried breadcrumbs and parsley. Excellent.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Found a roast farm chicken in our local market.

Hurried back to our host’s apartment and with some difficulty persuaded them that it might be a change from yet another Turkish breakfast!

Actually quite nice but some roasties, runner beans, herbs etc would have been a plus.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Tonight, a sirloin steak for me, grilled with seasoning, for the boss and strange veggie journo daughter it's salmon.
We are all sharing a few oven chips, asparagus, green beans and carrots (sorry Jaycey).
Duty free gin and tonic for the boss.
Duty free Voddy and coke for me.
And, it's raining !!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
69p jar of Korma sauce, 2 diced chicken breasts, 2 small chopped peppers, red and green. 2 finely diced chillies again red and green and a tablespoon of Madras paste turned this into a very tasty curry, 2 of the portions were frozen and one was for tonight served with mini Peshawar
naans, first class if I say it myself, accompanied with a couple of Stella unfiltered.

Hilsjw

Tuna steaks cooked on the griddle (slightly over done as usual) Sauce of capers, honey, juice of half a lemon and olive/veg oil seasoning. Sauté potatoes. Diced carrots, onions, broad beans and peas cooked with butter in one pan. Excellent.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom