Mushroom

What did you have tonight
Simple meal tonight as the Mercury hit 30C - lamb leg steaks with salad for me, Cheese and onion quiche with salad for the boss and strange veggie journo daughter with hash browns on standby for a few carbs.
Voddy and diet coke for aperitif with plenty of ice.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Yoghurt, spices and chicken marinaded all day, thrown in the slow cooker for a few hours, she called it slow cooker tandoori chicken, it was served with freshly chopped slaw of white cabbage, mild onions, carrots and radishes in wraps with a squirt of fat free mayo which is pointless imo but she likes it, yuk.
Couple of staropromen beers and glasses of white wine

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Lamb chops with a mix of cold smoked aubergine, green beans and dolma all from Lidls "Greek week " range and served with toasted sliced sourdough baguette all delicious as usual and served after a couple of beers and a shared bottle of False Bay Rose which was also excellent.

Hilsjw

I'll give those pot's a try Steve. Remember that old add' "for mash get smash" ? MJL we made the spiced pork that you recommended. Done for hours in the slow cooker. The meat melted in the mouth and was very good. We have signed up to her recipes and ten recipes taking 30 min's were sent straight away. Thank you.

Mushroom

Tonight, the boss is at her sister's in Derbyshire, the strange veggie journo daughter is sat with her mate at LBA waiting to fly to Dublin for the weekend and has a 90 minute delay courtesy of the atrocious Aer Lingus, so I thought it would be a home alone night with a voddy and fresh orange followed by a delivered Lasagne from a good local Italian restaurant.
That changed by when the legal daughter decided to pop round to keep me company !!
That cost me a bottle of Rosé and another Lasagne.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Im home alone for the next month or so whilst my young lady cares for her dad, we are trying to get live in carers for him but it takes time.
Tonight I had a portion of mince and veg with 2 medium jacket potatoes, been grafting all day turning what was our office back into bedrom 4/sitting room so felt justified on the 2nd tattie.
It was really good, couple of St Austell brewery Proper Job IPAs to accompany.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
One of my home made and frozen gor a rainy day Beef Madras's with a baked potato.
Few beers during the match and now needing a sweet treat, think I know where there is a box of just out of date Milk Tray which normally neither of us would bother with, the hunts on !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom