yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Roast lamb dinner tonight, the lamb was roasted at Christmas and frozen. It was perfect with mini roast tatties, steamed asparagus. White cabbage, carrot and swede crush. Sticky northern gravy and mint sauce, the lamb was playing in a neighbours field this time last year.
Wine to accompany.

Mushroom

Tonight, the strange veggie journo daughter is having cheesy chips and Quorn bacon.
Me and the boss are having an Aldi fish pie which was very good last time with carrots and peas.
Vodka and diet coke as an aperitif.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Last weeks Lasagne that we froze 2 portions of for my upcoming home alone stint was lifted out of the freezer as we couldnt be bothered preparing and cooking, had a garlic baguette with it.
Glass or 2 of wine to assist.
Off to mancunia tomorrow as favourite aunty is now in palliative care at home, got to be done as we wont get another chance so Mondays hotel stay in brampton for the booze cruise has been parked, looking back, Manc should have been top of the list anyway.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
A burger lunch after hospital appointment , at Squires garden centre , two burgers , 1 330ml peroni , 1 smoothie , £39 ouch ....
Burgers 15 quid each , ridiculous for a garden centre . Not that large and not very ecifying .
Steve

Akasya

Postless Pointer
We hsve electric at home , much prefer gas for direct heat and speed of temperature change but do not want gas in the house . We have bottle gas in Turkey , i love it .
Steve

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
On our visit to God's fair City but staying in Stockport, we took our hosts for a curry last night we all had poppadoms with chutnies followed by for me chicken chat, for her also chat, my main was chicken korma and pilau rice, linsey had chicken bhuna with a giant naan, ending with a coffee and mint, it was a fixed price early evening special at £11.95 each and as its a BYOB there was a corkage charge of £2 each so including a soft drink and tips it was £60 for four of us, decent quality food at reasonable prices.

Hilsjw

Steve in Turkey was have a gas oven but one of the rings is electric - a genius idea. If the gas runs out then there is a least one ring that can be used but, even better, if I want something to cook very slowly, then I use the electric ring. Last night, chicken and veg curry from Case for Cooking. Boiled rice which was soggy. Not good at all and most of the rice went in the bin !

Akasya

Postless Pointer
That does make sense Hills , we always keep a spare bottle of gas , but they do last us years ( no joke ) . Last night was crumbed crispy king prawns from Morrisons ab fab , alongside a chicken spring roll with various dips .
Vimto zero and some rum n max
Steve

Mushroom

Tonight, it's a voddy aperitif followed by diced chicken cooked slowly in the oven with spices for me and the boss, with dauphin potatoes and buttered spinach.
The strange veggie journo daughter is warming up last night's home made fish stew, after being out with a mate earlier for afternoon tea in Leeds. Now she's off to the cinema with another mate.
We are just watching the Footie.
The laddettes are cheering Chelsea.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom