Mushroom

What did you have tonight
Tonight, after a Voddy and diet coke, it's a bought in fish pie with mushy peas.
It was supposed to be for two of us but the strange veggie journo daughter has expressed an interest so I might put a spoon full in her direction.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Cod loin griddled and served with crisped up chorizho, Jersey royals, British asparagus griddled with a coating of garlic salt and British tomatoes, all very tasty, looked great but if there was a side of steak and kidney pudding I might have felt full, there wasn't.

My cousin & his son were visiting us this afternoon. We ended up in Prezzo as they have tables outside overlooking the beach.
I tried to order the King prawn & oak smoked salmon risotto, which was clearly written on the menu, only to be told that they no longer sell it, so I opted for the chicken caesar salad. It was pretty dismal. Very small, not much dressing and came topped with a poached egg.
My poor cousin ordered the sea bass. That was unavailable as it had sold out at lunchtime, so he opted for a burger instead. Unfortunately, the waitress or the kitchen lost his order & only delivered 3 plates to our table of 4. When he enquired where his was, they asked what it was he had ordered & said it would be a few minutes. It was another 20 minutes before it arrived, as they obviously had to cook it from scratch.

Hilsjw

It was our 42nd wedding anniversary so Bill took me to our favourite Italian restaurant (he was hoping I would opt for Wetherspoons !!!!) I started with garlic mushrooms, he had mussels. My main was mussels Bill had callalonni. Not as good as mine, he said. Champagne (phoney!) at home and rather too much red later !

enoch

My cousin & his son were visiting us this afternoon. We ended up in Prezzo as they have tables outside overlooking the beach.
I tried to order the King prawn & oak smoked salmon risotto, which was clearly written on the menu, only to be told that they no longer sell it, so I opted for the chicken caesar salad. It was pretty dismal. Very small, not much dressing and came topped with a poached egg.
My poor cousin ordered the sea bass. That was unavailable as it had sold out at lunchtime, so he opted for a burger instead. Unfortunately, the waitress or the kitchen lost his order & only delivered 3 plates to our table of 4. When he enquired where his was, they asked what it was he had ordered & said it would be a few minutes. It was another 20 minutes before it arrived, as they obviously had to cook it from scratch.
You cannot get the staff these days. Most of the good ones left with the corona,and it's too expensive to live around here now

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Tonight Spaghetti Bolognese

IMAG0640.jpg

One of my better efforts but the spaghetti was a touch on the salty side.
The recipe said to add a hefty dose of salt but maybe I overdid it!

PS And now the wife tells me she also put salt in but forgot to tell me!
Can't wait to get back to my kitchen in Zap, I'm going to put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door!:)

Last edited:

Mushroom

Tonight, a few Voddy and diet cokes for me and the boss, then I am having pan fried lamb steak with new potatoes and carrots and Bisto gravy/mint sauce.
The boss is combining ideas with the strange veggie journo daughter to have smoked salmon, poached eggs and bagels ??

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I was up before I went to bed this morning, or thats how it felt, we had already planned a slow cooked curry in my charge for tonight, so we lifted 2 lamb steaks out which were chopped smallish with all sinew anf gristle removed, I added a tin of rossecco beans and a tin of value potatoes for bulk along with a Pataks Balti Sauce, an extra chilli and diced yellow and green pepper and a squirt of tomato puree, it had 12 hours on low so was well cooked the meat was super tender fall apart in your mouth, we had decided against Naans or rice hence the bulking out, I'm not the biggest balti fan but the tweeks made it actually very good.
We had some just out of best before date poppadoms with diced onion and tomato paste relish, sweet mango chutney, aubergine pickle and a good spoonful of lime and chilli pickle.
Bottle or 2 of Hopo 6.2 IPA to smooth the passage.

Hilsjw

Got the bus to Brighton with a friend and went to Bravissimo for bra' fittings. Took an hour to get the right fit and over 60 quid later we went to Donatello's for lunch. I started with garlic mushrooms which were excellent, followed with a pasta dish then a large and high calorie pudding. We only had 2 large glasses of wine each as we had been warned by our husbands not to arrive back home very drunk again, which we didn't.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I always said if I win the lottery or euromillions I would remain anonymous, I now realise that is impossible as I put nearly 70 litres of diesel in the car today so to celebrate last nights good fortune we had a rack of BBQ ribs, Maris Piper tattie wedges done in the air fryer and a large portion of home made coleslaw, I have had a glass of 19 crimes rose wine and will probably have another.
Anyway I raise a glass to the Euro Millions tonight, it may not be the jackpot but £2.70 is a damn sight more interest than I get on my post office savings account.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Linsey is in Newcastle tonight having her first retirement meal with her colleagues down there, they took her for an Indian at a restaurant called Simla, she really enjoyed her meal and gloating sent me a picture of her huge lamb chops, it looked classy.
One of her parting pressies is a curry for the 2 of us going on the curry train, that means a night in Newcastle so looking forward to that, I will obviously be able to donate some culture whilst there.
I had a brisket dinner I had frozen earlier, not quite as exotic as hers but my time will come

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom