Hilsjw

What did you have tonight
M & S pork crackling joint. Beetroot, hassle back potatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, fennel, carrots roasted in the oven with the pork. Steamed Spring Greens. Bill wouldn't eat his greens as he doesn't know what's good for him ! Very good but pork was strangely on the tough side.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Homemade kofte and sauce again with a twist.

kofte.jpg

Our daughter adds garlic (plus eye of newt and toe of frog etc) to the kofte but the sauce isn't so simple...

Every year she buys 20kg tomatoes, crushes and blenderises them before putting them into a large sterilized bottle. Then wait for 12 months and they are ready to use!

It tastes as though it has a goodly alcohol content :)

Mushroom

Tonight, Voddy and diet coke with an overdose of Wimbledon, followed by bought in Lamb Kofte for me that doesn't look half as good as Jaycey's, salmon fillets for the boss and strange veggie journo daughter. All with new potatoes and broccoli.

enoch

Homemade kofte and sauce again with a twist.

View attachment 28905

Our daughter adds garlic (plus eye of newt and toe of frog etc) to the kofte but the sauce isn't so simple...

Every year she buys 20kg tomatoes, crushes and blenderises them before putting them into a large sterilized bottle. Then wait for 12 months and they are ready to use!

It tastes as though it has a goodly alcohol content :)
Sounds a bit like salca.

Mushroom

The pot reminds me of a slow cooker I took to Turkey years ago on a solo trip. On day one, I put in all the ingredients for a chicken casserole and let it cook for about 8 hours.
That evening it was chicken casserole. Then, the following evening it was chicken casserole and then by the third evening it was finally gone.
Never has a Migros 'T' bone steak been so welcome on night 4 !!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Had a pork souvlaki before we went to the airport, on the flight we shared a bacon roll, cup of coffee and tea for her and a Cadbury twirl on Easyjet, very lucky they had the roll as they usually run out on the outward leg, still cost about as much as the flights though.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Honey garlic prawns

prawns.jpg

OKish but..

Couldn't get decent size prawns and these tiddllers overcook if you just look at them.
Next time I'll insist on decent size prawns & dust them with flour so the sauce sticks better
But the sauce was great = just honey, soy sauce & garlic.

Hilsjw

Went to our grand daughters 6th birthday party, which was held in a pizza place where the children made their own pizzas. I took up individual jellies with strawberries in them. Went to a garden fete, held in the grounds of their local hospice. Lovely weather for it. Came home, couldn't have a BBQ on the beach - too windy. So, M & S chilli and cheese burgers, which were good. Chips for Bill, boiled pot's for me as not enough chips. fried eggs. Red wine. O.K. Glad you're home safe n sound Martin.

cigliboy

At 60 tl a kilo don't think so, it's just frozen turkish salmon steaks, I wouldn't pay them 300 tl for fresh steaks. Considering I can only eat about 5 or 6 things it will do me
Where do you buy that ? We can't find it here....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom