Hilsjw

What did you have tonight
Garlic and Herb chicken flatties from M & S. Their BBQ range, but I cooked it in a pan on top of the oven. It was very good indeed. Would recommend them. Fried mushroom with garlic, chilli flakes and coconut yogurt. Chips. I've solved the problem of soggy chips and all the fiddling about with double or triple frying. Buy good oven chips, and fry them in your chip pan. Put them in when the fat is not hot our else they will splatter. All excellent and chips perfect.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I fancied garlic prawns tonight,been on my mind all day but with the heads, legs, shells and tails there was a good chance of wearing more than I ate, I am that bloke ! So we ordered a beetroot with garlic paste, mini shrimps, grilled octopus which was not as tender as I prefer but just ok, baked feta in filo with a honey and sesame seed dressing and some cod fish chunks. Far too much too eat for 2 of us, I had a beer prior to arriving and Linsey had a glass of wine, we shared a half carafe with the dinner, back on the balcony people watching with yet more wine but I can't see a late night tonight

Mushroom

I fancied garlic prawns tonight,been on my mind all day but with the heads, legs, shells and tails there was a good chance of wearing more than I ate, I am that bloke ! So we ordered a beetroot with garlic paste, mini shrimps, grilled octopus which was not as tender as I prefer but just ok, baked feta in filo with a honey and sesame seed dressing and some cod fish chunks. Far too much too eat for 2 of us, I had a beer prior to arriving and Linsey had a glass of wine, we shared a half carafe with the dinner, back on the balcony people watching with yet more wine but I can't see a late night tonight
Early night - go for it !!👍👍

Mushroom

Just found out tonight that my dementia suffering 90 year old ma just happened to fancy a burger this evening, so saddled up the mobility scooter, rode a mile up the road to a Wetherspoons, rode straight in and ordered her burger by the side of a table. After eating her burger, she made for home only to be met by the strange vegggie journo daughter who had just arrived - to take her out for a pre-arranged burger !!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We have a kitchen in our accommodation albeit a small one. Linsey decided it would be a great idea to cook a meal to eat on the balcony even though it is windy.
She cooked 4 chicken legs and slow roasted potatoes, peppers, onions, chillis. Courgette and aubergine, all good apart from the aubergine. Served with flat breads, the apartment now hums of cooking so I have suggested eating out again tomorrow which she agreed with. Its out of her system now, beers and wine accompanied the food, another early night expected.
We are getting old.

Mushroom

Tonight, after taking the strange veggie journo daughter to catch a flight from LBA to Paris, I am having a proper bought in Lasagne. The boss is having a spinach and riccota canneloni but tomorrow she is driving over to Lytham in the beast with the legal daughter for an over nighter at her sisters new home.
It means I am in charge for one night only.
Usually, up to a few months ago, I would have enjoyed female company with the furry members of the family, which meant chippy fish.
This time and for the first time in 20 years I will be on my own.
IMG-20220624-WA0002.jpg

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight, after taking the strange veggie journo daughter to catch a flight from LBA to Paris, I am having a proper bought in Lasagne. The boss is having a spinach and riccota canneloni but tomorrow she is driving over to Lytham in the beast with the legal daughter for an over nighter at her sisters new home.
It means I am in charge for one night only.
Usually, up to a few months ago, I would have enjoyed female company with the furry members of the family, which meant chippy fish.
This time and for the first time in 20 years I will be on my own.
View attachment 28770
2 stunners !

Mushroom

Tonight, I decided to have a home alone curry.
I've cubed a couple of lamb steaks and slow cooked it in a pan, cheated by adding a Pataks Jalfrezi and left it to simmer. As it reaches completion I will add some frozen garden peas.
Oven chips will assist.
Voddy and diet coke for a sundowner, except that there is no sun, just rain.
Tonight I can watch whatever I want on the TV - all of it crap !!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Nothing wrong with Pataks, I use it and tailor it to taste.
Tonight for us we had garlic mushrooms and calamari for starters, both delicious, I had lamb chops x 4 and lemon and mustard potatoes. Linsey had chicken souvlaki with the same tatties, really good the potatoes having a distinctive but delicate flavouring. I took some photos but due to bad light and bad photography on my part it looks more like a turd on a plate.
Couple of wines around the harbour and some more on the balcony watching the world go by.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Where are you mate ?
Very hot last night ,no appetite so cheesy chips from the air fryer.
Tuborg gold and some rum n cokee
Steve

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
This was lunch to share, no dinner needed after this.
Smoked and baked aubergine salad, just how I like it, baked feta in a spicy pepper, nice but not spicy at all, grilled octopus which was very tender and there was more however I had devoured it before photoing it. Last but not least we had grilled Jumbo prawns in garlic, messy but worth it. Litre of house white, we went and had a few beers after this lot just to wash away the taste.

20220626_125316.jpg 20220626_125304.jpg 20220626_124359.jpg 20220626_124019.jpg

Mushroom

Tonight- Voddy and diet coke, followed by a chippy tea for two with proper mushy peas and curry sauce.
The boss will drench hers in vinegar and I will be liberal with the salad cream.

Top Bottom