yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
We arrived at Edinburgh Airport at 6.40 am for her flight to London City, I thought she was just on a jolly but no she had a day of meetings today tomorrow's the jolly, right I'm going to the nearest supermarket to get a big breakfast in the cafe, except I wasn't as none open until 8.30 am. That's lunch time to a working class man ffs ! So home it was for a bacon butty.
Being home alone doesn't phase me as I'm quite resourceful in the kitchen however thinking she could see my plight my bride treated me to a stonebaked pizza from the Co - op, after 12 minutes on the hot tray in the oven I lifted it out looking forward to devouring it, it wasn't great, not a patch on the ones I got from Morrisons and double the price, won't bother again.
By half time I'll be wanting some flavour no doubt, good job the shopping delivery included some mini cheddars.

Im sure ill get offered better when I visit Yoksher Pizzeria.
20220519_193059.jpg

Hilsjw

Chicken breast sliced thin and egg and bread crumbed. Migros frozen chips cooked in the chip pan, fresh peas. Good. Last night large sea bream cooked in the G. Forman. Bill had koftas. Migros chips again with the last of the fresh peas. Here's a good wine from Carrefour. Chardonnay. Pale cream label. Ca Sa ba. Nice rich colour -13%, 45 tl. would recommend.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
My sweetheart had a good trip around London with her ex colleagues from AXA today, they ended up in a real ale pub and not a gin distillery as planned, real ale in London ??? No chance ! The pub was called The Fox and Anchor in Farringdon opposite the new jubilee station thing, she had 2 and 1/2 pints of a beer called Common Pale Ale, Common suits as she is a Stockport girl. Terrible place !
Thing is it had no effect and she had s large GnT on the flight home, the meal tonight was a portion of slow cooked brisket casserole I had made and frozen and thawed out for tonight, didn't happen. Fish chips and curry for me and a portion of chips for her, I'm on the 19 Crimes white wine now, very good as well.

Hilsjw

Another of Bills jerk chicken made with Jamaican Street Market packet from Aldi. He put an extra large teaspoon of Barts jerk spices in the mix. It was excellent. Served with basmanti rice.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We had the pulled brisket casserole we should have had on Friday, we decided to put it in a flat casserole dish and put a short crust top on, beef pie in essence. We had it with mini roasts and marrowfat peas with a sticky northern gravy.
Bottle of 19 crimes white to assist

Mushroom

Last night as the boss wasn't too hungry after attending an afternoon leaving do for a colleague, we ordered a couple of 12" pizzas from a newly recommended takeaway a couple of miles away.
Veggie for her and the strange veggie journo daughter, meat for me and the legal daughter who timed her visit from the next street with perfection.
White and Rose wine to assist.
The boss only had a slice, the strange one likewise as she was going to visit a mate, so I know what they are having this lunchtime !!
The verdict - very nice at at £16.70p delivered, after a 20% online discount

Hilsjw

Had about 20 Akbuk friends round to celebrate Bill 78th birthday ! A friend made a superb cake. Lots of food was made by me and some very generous and kind fiends brought food round too, Lots of alcohol consumed, no one out of control, thank goodness. Bill always seems to have his birthday here !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Decided on a mixed meze plate with lamb chops tonight. We had big beans, carrot, garlic and yoghurt mix, imam, aubergine yoghurt and garlic mix, toasted sour dough bread and not on the photo was crispy crushed lemon and garlic Greek style potatoes.
Linsey is having melon for afters, I've knocked the top off a bottle of home made red grape and apple cider which is fantastic after being on the rack for 15 months.
20220523_191105.jpg

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Straight forward sausage and lambs liver cooked in onion gravy, needed a bib for that, wish creamy mash from desiree potatoes and garden peas, old favourite of both of us.
Glass of vintage home brew plain apple cider. Again another really good one. I'm going on holiday, or queuing at the airport in just under 3 weeks and would like to lose a few stone, so need to cut back on the garden peas. So happy to be judged on my future posts 😃

Top Bottom