Hilsjw

What did you have tonight
Why are you taking the crispy skins off the chicken legs Jaycey - they look good to eat to me !! Bill wanted pork belly slices, diced and made into a curry. Made that for him and very good it was too, providing you don't mind too much fat. Served with basmati rice. Loads left for tonight.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Why are you taking the crispy skins off the chicken legs Jaycey - they look good to eat to me !!
Just following recipe orders Hils and my pic was of de-skinned drumsticks.

IMO (for what it is worth ☹) the chicken skin might form a barrier to the marinade getting into the meat. Anyway my experiment resulted in the tastiest chicken!

I asked earlier if other members ate the skins but no replies – very different with eisbein!

......................................... I dont know.gif

enoch

Just following recipe orders Hils and my pic was of de-skinned drumsticks.

IMO (for what it is worth ☹) the chicken skin might form a barrier to the marinade getting into the meat. Anyway my experiment resulted in the tastiest chicken!

I asked earlier if other members ate the skins but no replies – very different with eisbein!

......................................... View attachment 26012
Sorry Jaycey wife loves the skin, I would normally eat it but cannot now best part about a chicken.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Last night was chilli con carne simply made with a mix of 5% fat steak mince and 2 % fat Turkey mince, mixed beans and the usual other ingredients, very tasty with a good portion of crinkly oven chips

Mushroom

Last night was a chippy tea which the old poorly cat relished (fish, not chips).
We also acquired a tray full of battered scraps and extra chips to feed the birds this morning- all gone in 5 minutes.
Tonight, it's a chicken and vegetable stir fry.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Tonight was stir fried veg in oyster sauce with stir fried prawns in garlic and hoisin sauce, all very tasty, the bean sprouts were from Linseys new beansprouts venture so only half went in the mix. Once again the chef forgot the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
Czech Buds as a side, far better than the US styled crap. 20220128_175955.jpg

Haven't had homemade butter since I was at infant school.
I remember the teacher collecting the cream off all the bottles of milk to make the butter. Can't remember the making process, just remember eating it afterwards on Ritz crackers

429nufc

Haven't had homemade butter since I was at infant school.
I remember the teacher collecting the cream off all the bottles of milk to make the butter. Can't remember the making process, just remember eating it afterwards on Ritz crackers
I remember my mother making it in 1950’s seem to involve only a glass jar and lots of shaking of the jar! We were poor it wasn’t a ”green” thing

juco

I remember my mother making it in 1950’s seem to involve only a glass jar and lots of shaking of the jar! We were poor it wasn’t a ”green” thing
No shaking required replaced these days with an electric whizzer/mixer whatever you call them, only takes about 15/20 minutes in total.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Not a meal but decided to try and make my own butter this morning, only one ingredient required and takes about 20 mins then stick in the fridge for a few hours.

Tastes nice.
View attachment 26045
Linsey is non dairy since birth due to an allergy, she diagnosed me the same the day we moved in together despite me having no symptoms. What I don't get is she likes eggs and orange juice, both of which we got off the milkman, im old enough to remember milkmen.
I love little more than simple hot toast with lashings of real butter on for which I am willing to travel for, no chance other than the plastic wannabees that have improved over the years but can never ever be the same.

Hilsjw

Very impressed with the butter makers on here ! Is it just full fat milk or cream. Did you add salt ? Sausage meat stuffing, made into balls and fried then cooked with a can of chopped tomatoes, yellow peppers, chilly flakes and mushrooms. Served with spaghetti. Very good cheap and easy to make.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom