Kanga

What did you have tonight
Slimming? I've lost 9.5kilos since last October and gone down 2 sizes to a 14, so nearly back to my target size 12. No secrets, just move a bit more and eat a bit less and using a Bach flower essence to damp my appetite which I buy from France.

Mushroom

Tonight, I have made a chicken curry. No doubt it will be accompanied by oven chips and white wine.
The strange veggie journo daughter is having some vegan type of Tikka Masala.
I fancied a chippy tea, but no-one else did, so democracy is still alive and well in Altofts.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Linsey had the day off today, as usual that involved shopping in Costco and then a couple of supermarkets in Penicuik, I drove, it was about a 70 mile round trip, a bit pained for the rest of the day, she decided I was making lamb stick kebabs and she would make a fresh imam bayaldi, served with big beans and Greek flat breads, same as the Turkish ones but these had a little Greek flag on the packet. I decided on a couple of San Miguel's and strangely after the food, and it was good ! And a couple of beers the pain started easing.
Happy weekend to all!

Jaycey

African Refugee
I tried to translate imam bayaldi but Google Translate can't handle Ottoman.

I had more success with Wiki...

"Why is it called imam bayildi?

The name supposedly derives from a tale of a Turkish imam who swooned with pleasure at the flavour when presented with this dish by his wife, although other more humorous accounts suggest that he fainted upon hearing the cost of the ingredients or the amount of oil used to cook the dish."

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
I tried to translate imam bayaldi but Google Translate can't handle Ottoman.

I had more success with Wiki...

"Why is it called imam bayildi?

The name supposedly derives from a tale of a Turkish imam who swooned with pleasure at the flavour when presented with this dish by his wife, although other more humorous accounts suggest that he fainted upon hearing the cost of the ingredients or the amount of oil used to cook the dish."
Aubergine baked with the flesh scooped out mixed with cooked tomatoes, garlic and onion in olive oil then served back into halved skins except not in our case as I prefer it in a serving dish, you can add lamb mince as well but we didn't.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Today was a great day for British football with the scroaty teams losing, the cheats only managing a draw and the greatest sealing a memorable win pushing them into 4th spot, being a football day we had planned a beef madras from Aldis specialy Gastro selection, a chicken korma I made and froze, prior to that we had Costco samosas, excellent and served with sweet mango chutney, we then had home made oven baked onion Bhajias, very good for a first attempt again served with sweet mango, the curry was served with garlic and coriander naan breads a couple of IPAs and we are now super bloated, deservedly of course.

Mushroom

Luxury fish pie from Sainsbury's with peas last night. White wine.
Watched the offside goal from Mr School dinner at Scumchester with delight, cashed in my winnings after the Mighty Leeds made my predictions come true. Who'd have thought tonight's culinary delight from a well regarded but expensive Farm Shop is coming courtesy of an accumulator from the correct predictions of both Scumchester teams and Leeds !!

Mushroom

Change of plan at short notice. The laddettes said they fancied something from M&S and I was despatched to Pontefract while they prepared to watch The Liverpool footie. I returned with Chicken casseroles, a selection of vegetables and a veggie Cumberland pie for the strange journo daughter.
White wine from the offy.
I am close to the farm shop next week and can hear a couple of Barnsley Chops calling me already.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom