Mushroom

What did you have tonight
Tonight, it's a Sainsbury's luxury fish pie with broccoli and carrots with a few glasses of the Californian white wine.
Tomorrow, I'm driving the laddettes to Leeds for the train to Scouseland for the match. That means me and the strange veggie journo daughter are in charge of the lunch and evening menu.
Can't wait for that !!

Hilsjw

Got a very large piece of boned pork loin from the freezer. Put on a bed of sliced potatoes, onions, carrots, herbs and white wine. For some reason I coated the meat in demerara sugar, wrapped in greaseproof paper. Slow cooked for 4 - 5 hours. Very disappointing, as I thought it would taste great, ( trying to be too cleaver !) although the meat was good and plenty left for tonight. Peas and broccoli

Jaycey

African Refugee
You cannot e exactly spice the meals up I can eat 🤔
For starters you could have said ‘Oeuf rosemary, frites de pommes de terre etc’.
But refreshing to read a post where I don’t need to Google.
WTH are Lahmacuns, rogan josh, tortellinis and what’s the point of a chocolate mouse if you don’t have a chocolate cat etc?..
And scrambled eggs are easy – every time I try to fry an egg it ends up scrambled! :(

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
For starters you could have said ‘Oeuf rosemary, frites de pommes de terre etc’.
But refreshing to read a post where I don’t need to Google.
WTH are Lahmacuns, rogan josh, tortellinis and what’s the point of a chocolate mouse if you don’t have a chocolate cat etc?..
And scrambled eggs are easy – every time I try to fry an egg it ends up scrambled! :(
Use butter or margarine in the pan instead of oil its better for not sticking.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Pork tenderloin which was roasted, I usually find these bland if done without a marinade or coating of some sort but this was tasty and moist, served with the usual dry roast potatoes. Cauliflower, small and sweet sprouts, carrot and swede, sage and onion stuffing and apple sauce and a sticky stock gravy, shared a bottle of Percheron Viognier although I'm going dry again for a week as I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would when I couldn't if that makes sense.

Hilsjw

Yesterdays pork loin sliced thinly heated up with gravy. Red cabbage with sliced apple, braised in butter. Diced and cooked potatoes, then roasted with lots of garlic and rosemary. Very good.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Yesterdays pork loin sliced thinly heated up with gravy. Red cabbage with sliced apple, braised in butter. Diced and cooked potatoes, then roasted with lots of garlic and rosemary. Very good.
Please PM me your address - I'd like to drop by tomorrow (around supper time :) ).

Mushroom

Last night it was a chicken shish from my favourite takeaway, with rice, salad and pitta bread, a few glasses of white wine while the strange veggie journo daughter had a mixed salad with mozzarella strips and rice.
We don't know what the boss and legal daughter had on their train trip back from Scouseland as they said it was a selection of buffet items from M&S. In code, that probably means a butty each and wine.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Feasted early tonight, I had Haddock in breadcrumbs from Morrison (fresh not frozen) a portion of oven chips, need to have a good talk with the kitchen staff about this, mushy peas and a good dollop of made up Mayflower curry sauce, on a diet so I passed on the thick sliced and butter. Even got to go and get my own beer out of the garage fridge so I can take my paracetamols, the service here is going down the pan.

Mushroom

Tonight it's chilli con carne for me and the boss. I made it with a bit of artistic licence. Showing our breeding we're having oven chips with it.
The strange veggie journo daughter is having sweet potato oven baked with cheèse.
California provided the white wine.
When the boss got in from work an hour ago I announced that my signature dish was a culinary delight prepared with love and affection to a standard she would find truly orgasmic.
She told me that if it was ready in time for Corrie she would call it a result !!

Hilsjw

Bill took me to lunch at our favourite Italian place. Both had mussels to start followed by confit de canard with potatoes daulphinious, and a dish of various vegetables. All excellent. Bottle of House Wine which wasn't so good. Just love going out to lunch !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
A deconstructed cottage pie/shepherd's pie tonight. Or just mince onion and carrots and baby potatoes with white cabbage, the mince was half Turkey breast and half 5% lean steak mince. I find it makes a huge difference as I'm not keen on the fatty flavour of even low fat mince

Latest Posts

Top Bottom