Akasya

Postless Pointer
What did you have tonight
Linsey went off to Newcastle this morning, well I say this morning but it was 5am so really it was last night when she woke me up from my recuperation, after Mushrooms comments about fish and chips last night I decided that was for me tonight, she passes Aldos in Longridge on the way back from the station.
I ordered a small fish supper with a carton of mushy peas and a carton of curry, it includes 2 fish and I had Mushrooms cat in mind but as he posted she had one earlier it would have been a shame to waste it, honest !
Linsey had chips and curry.
I could murder a glass or 6 of wine but not wise due to the pills so glass of diet vimto for me as weight watching.
Just about to watch the mighty Burnley do Wolves over.
View attachment 25010
liked but under protest.
steve

Hilsjw

Out to lunch with two friends. I had garlic mushrooms, excellent in a gravy. Then fish and veg, followed by cheese n biscuits. Our friends went to Bentleys in London the day before - bill over £350. 00 for the two of them !! Luckily they didn't invite us to join them !!!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
OMG Martin – shame on you, curry on fish & chips? looks like one of my soggy failures! Isn’t there a law against it? If not there should be. Sacrilege, what ever happened to proud British tradition?
For all we know there could be a dead cat under that lot. View attachment 25011

To me the joy of F & C is in the crispy batter, delicate fish flavour with a dash of malt vinegar but I can only dream :(

Jaycey, it was never meant to be an episode of Masterchef, rather the relief of Martin who had been left starving and bed bound for nearly 14 hours, had it been M/C then it would have been as follows

Golden crispy goujons of beer battered local Haddock served with triple cooked battons of local potatoes, rustic pea puree and a golden spicy jus. It would also have been served with buttered barmcakes.

No marks for presentation, I accept.

Now for the history bit.

Turns out the traditions are more European than part of our sovrinti init.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Jaycey, it was never meant to be an episode of Masterchef, rather the relief of Martin who had been left starving and bed bound for nearly 14 hours, had it been M/C then it would have been as follows

Golden crispy goujons of beer battered local Haddock served with triple cooked battons of local potatoes, rustic pea puree and a golden spicy jus. It would also have been served with buttered barmcakes.

No marks for presentation, I accept.

Now for the history bit.

Turns out the traditions are more European than part of our sovrinti init.

Interesting but I wish you hadn't posted that pic - makes me (almost) want to come back to the UK again.

Mushroom

In our house, with the chippy tea there is always mushy peas and curry, but the strange journo daughter also has veggie gravy.
When the eldest joins us, she adds ketchup and salad cream to the mix.
In fact the only sensible one who settles for no add ons is the cat !
This morning, the excess chips, scraps and batter are going out on the back lawn to feed the birds.
In addition to the pigeons, blackbirds and a couple of crows, we now get joined by a seagull. We are 50 miles from the sea, so word travels !!

Mushroom

Tonight I have turned religious and consulted St Michael in Castleford to purchase chicken casserole, cauliflower cheese, broccoli cheese and carrot & Swede mash. The strange veggie journo one has been presented with spinach & ricotta canneloni and will share our sides.
Russian gargle water with pomegranate juice for starters in the absence of 100% cherry juice that was brilliant from Cappy in Turkey but I can't source here, only the diluted stuff.

Hilsjw

Sea bass fillets with peppers and sliced potatoes underneath. Bought from Iceland, roast in the bag. Very good. Put some tomatoes on the baking tray with the fish, which were burnt to a crisp ! Fish good though and very easy to cook. Just put the bag in the oven for 40 minutes. (pity Jaycey can't buy it ) Sauté potatoes, leeks, carrots and sprouts. Far too much food !

Mushroom

Tonight, I"ll give you a clue what I'm having - A woolly thing that lives in a field. Yes - it's a mammoth !!
Okay, Lamb steak with carrot and turnip mash and peas. Nice Bisto gravy and the inevitable mint sauce.
The boss and strange journo veggie daughter have decided to have vegetable starters from the Chinese section of Sainsbury's but no main?
Russian gargle water with cranberry juice tonight.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom