yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Duck spring rolls from Morrisons, crap. American style spare ribs from Tesco, short but meaty, they were OK, couple of salt and pepper calamari rings to finish, all easy food whilst watching the mighty Brighton. Even got out of bed to watch on the big screen in UHD as the Q multiroom isn't either.
Ice pop and fizzy diet fake Fanta for dessert

Mushroom

Watching the mighty Leeds (how they werent 3 down at half time?) before having marinated lamb steaks with carrots and turnip mash and peas. Thick gravy.
Irish gargle water tonight cos it's bloody cold. Later, I am cooking salmon with a bistro salad for the boss when the laddettes return from a good win at Liverpool. Strange veggie journo daughter is having grilled cheese topped nachos and tomatoes.

Mushroom

Today the laddettes took my ma for afternoon tea to celebrate her 90th birthday and stuffed themselves on sandwiches and cakes while I did the ironing before they brought her back to ours for more tea and cake.
As a result, they aren't hungry tonight but because they brought so much back with them, I think sandwiches and a cake will be my evening meal with a bit of salad stuff. Scots gargle water will keep out the cold.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Rolled shoulder of lamb from lidl about a month ago, lifted out the freezer yesterday, nicely roasted and served with roast spuds, sprouts, carrot and swede crush, white cabbage, roast parsnips, sticky lamb gravy and mint sauce, plenty left for another meal for 2.
Glass of vimto and an ice pop for dessert

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good news, I hope. I think it well established that both my lovely wife and myself are both sh1te cooks.

By a strange set of circumstances I met a couple of Indian students, long since graduated, that married local girls and have stayed on here to start a restaurant cum kitchen in their apartment. It is delivery service only.

Between 9-12 they take phone orders.

Between 12-6 they cook their socks off and

Between 6-9 they are pedalling all over the city making deliveries.

IMO all very enterprising & hope they don’t burn out too fast.

Quite a comprehensive menu – any recommendations - what would be your first choice?

www.facebook.com/zaporozhye.indian.food/

Hilsjw

Any curry to me Jaycey ! Went to Woking to watch granddaughter in a ballet - very good. Ballet mistress came on at the end to take her bow. She reminded me of a character from one of Beryl Cooks paintings ! Went back to Walton and we had the bolognaise beef sauce I had made the day before in the jolly old slow cooker. Joe (son) cooked a chicken thigh dish from a recipe from Waitrose for lunch. Good easy to do and tasty. Back home - telly with red wine plus cheese n biscuits.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Any curry to me Jaycey !
I'm careful with curries.
Long ago I went to a Madras restaurant in Dubai and they asked if I wanted it mild, medium or spicy. I said medium - BIG mistake, like eating molten lava!
Another time a fish curry in Bombay and I had to give an address to 100+ people. Had to take a loo break every 5 minutes. There is an expression 'the bottom fell out of my world' but in this case it was the other way around ! :(

Latest Posts

Top Bottom