yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Lanarkshire hotpot in the slow cooker all day, prepared by Linsey yesterday and removed from the fridge and placed in the heating receptacle at 6.30 am today by me, started on hot for an hour then switched to auto, Just picked her up at Armadale and got her home, she had the audacity to have a glass of LNER complimentary wine on her way back from Newcastleallbad, I wonder if the toon is now alcohol free. So its a glass of wine for me now and the tea is ready to quaff later

Mushroom

Lanarkshire hotpot in the slow cooker all day, prepared by Linsey yesterday and removed from the fridge and placed in the heating receptacle at 6.30 am today by me, started on hot for an hour then switched to auto, Just picked her up at Armadale and got her home, she had the audacity to have a glass of LNER complimentary wine on her way back from Newcastleallbad, I wonder if the toon is now alcohol free. So its a glass of wine for me now and the tea is ready to quaff later
"Tea" is what I call it as well. My mate, who was born and bred near me, went to school with me and started his first job with me, moved to the outskirts of Oxford about 30 years ago.
He has now been converted and to him it's his "dinner" on an evening.
I told him he has been brain washed. Dinner is something eaten between 12-2pm round these parts.

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Still running the freezer down so we had a piece of lemon sole, cod loin and haddock all grilled and nicely seasoned and served with mini roasts and bread thins, bottle of Greek wine Assyrtiko to accompany it, linsey lifted all the cakes off the complimentary trolley on the train yesterday, a seeded loaf ffs ! There must have been better options like double sickly chocolate brownies she could have had away.

429nufc

Goats cheese and caramelised red onion ravioli with a cheese sauce all
from Waitrose , still on the Vimto zero
Steve
Firm I worked for many years ago had a bottling concession for Vimto very popular with the sub continent market . I preferred Dandelion And Burdock , produces very interesting gurgles

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Today we visited Linseys dad, my first visit since August as he hasn't wanted visitors apart from Linsey since his heart failure diagnosis, what a difference in him, quite upsetting really, we had planned a bit of this and a bit of that out of the freezer, duck spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce, salt and pepper squid and a lump of the giant pork belly we cooked a couple of months ago in a salt, garlic, onion, green pepper and chilli mix. However she, her had forgotten the chillis, so we ended up marinading in a BBQ sauce all good, glass of mastercraft wine while we reflect on the day.
We have seen that the big supermarkets have wine on at buy 6 save 25% in England so will be doing a border run to Carlisle next Friday for a dozen or more boxes, massive saving for us and doesn't go off !

Mushroom

Tonight it's Sainsbury's fish pie and mushy peas with the Californian white wine, which has just had a slight price increase.
It's a veggie pizza for the strange veggie journo daughter.
I'm looking at treating the boss to an outdoor pizza oven for Christmas (as shown) Any experiences are appreciated.
I'm sure she will be happy with my choice, to add with the electric drill, electric sander and car tyre inflation machine I have treated her to previously?
OoniKaru-Studio-1024px-3_660x660.png

Hilsjw

Went out leafletting for a friend, who always takes us out to lunch when we've finished. Sea bass fillets with baby potatoes and asparagus. Very good. Back home I had a fried egg sandwich - never had that before, but it was lovely with a nice glass of red !!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom