yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Mixed meze of baked aubergine in tomato sauce, cooked soft green beans in tomato sauce, big beans also in tomato sauce and all courtesy of Lidls Greek week, garlic beetroot care of Linsey and some home baked bread we toasted, did I mention the Lamb Chops, it took us back to our regular meals at Keyf in Yali

429nufc

They are strange people from the south. On my last visit to HArrogate I was crossing the road opposite The Ivy, a restaurant , which had an over ornate flower display around the door. An attractive woman approached and asked me if I would take a photograph of her standing in the doorway. From her accent she was obviously from the south. We had a pleasant chat and she went I’m on her way. Was it an opportunity I missed or do southerners often take photos of restaurants they haven’t eaten in?

Hilsjw

Which hotel please? Presumably Barry’s is Betty’s brother’s place? Hi ho
Yes, I did mean Bettys - never got in because the queues were so long ! The hotel was called the Hotel St. George. Fell on our feet there. It has originally been a Shearings hotel but when that company went into liquidation it was taken over by another up market chain of hotels. Totally refurbished and it looked the bizz. The hotel manager told us that they were honouring all previous Shearings bookings. The strange this is, all rooms had permanent notices on the wall that they were no longer servicing rooms during your stay. Now that dose not bother me, in fact I prefer not to have chamber maids in and out of the room. I don't need the bed made nor fresh towels each day. However, it's just another great way to save money and they can get away with it since the pandemic, rather like the doctors not giving proper face to face appointments. Journey home took 11 hours !! Just a bottle of red when we got back ! Leeds fruit and veg market and the meat stalls were fab' Wish I'd bought home some mutton chops (we can't get them in Worthing and ordering them via the internet is very expensive) also rabbit and goat meat. Didn't think much of Leeds itself but pleased we took the bus and went there.

Mushroom

I was going to warn you about Leeds, but your post said you were going after breakfast and I didn't read it until after you would have left.
Other than the market, it doesn't offer anything to shout about. I know a good Turkish supermarket and restaurant on the outskirts but you wouldn't walk it from the centre. Kirkstall Abbey is worth an hour but the centre itself offers little but loads of people and is a nightmare for traffic. The mecca of football is worth a visit though, anytime.
The 'controlled' red light district is not exactly Amsterdam.
Better off in Harrogate.

Mushroom

I meant Leeds but dare not call you a Muppet for fear of offending !😃
If it was Harrogate, the question asked to the punter would be "Is one participating in consultancy work Tonight?"

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We were down to have a curry from Jolphai Lanark tonight, but Linsey is on her "eat the freezer" so we lifted one of my home made chicken and Spinach Curries out, and a Chicken Jalfrezi from Costco. Winding back a bit, whilst trawling empty supermarket shelves this morning we or should I say Linsey nipped into Morrisons to pick up some cottage cheese and came out with some yellow labeled chicken pakora and veg pakora, so after filling our boots with those, they were fantastic value for £2, we had a glass of wine then dived into our Lidl Poppadoms with the usual sweet mango, lime pickle and onion and tomato relish, again delicious, we then had the mains with a Naan for me and boiled rice for her, in summary the Pakoras were excellent as were the Poppadoms and Costco curry but my home made was naff so back to the drawing board.

429nufc

As Harrogate does seem to be on topic can anyone else remember the Harrogate registered yacht moored for many years in Yalikavak harbour? I bet they ate some lovely meals at Keyif

Hilsjw

First meal at home. Sliced chicken, cooked in a sauce of honey, grainy mustard, butter and chicken stock cube. Potatoes, cooked, then diced and roasted in the oven covered in breadcrumbs. Good flavours but sauce could have been thicker. Will add some flour next time.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Roast local lamb dinner with the usual roasties, carrot and swede crush, asparagus. Billy Logan sprouts, sticky gravy and mint sauce, up here we eat our lambs unlike Yorkshire where they marry them. Couple of Peroni reds, having an ultra scan tomorrow so will ask them not to press too hard

Mushroom

Nothing wrong with marrying a sheep. They are very sub-survient but aren't very good at cooking.
Tonight, as I am excused from ironing and cooking duties due to infected finger and arm, we sent out for a Chinese. Special Chop Suey with fried rice for me. Duck and trimmings for the boss. King Prawn and black bean sauce with salt and pepper chips for the strange veggie journo one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom