Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
What did you have tonight
Tonight, I made a Chicken casserole with carrots and new potatoes. Strange veggie thing is having macaroni cheese.
The boss has worked in a cold room all day so I got her a drop of the gargling water from North of the border.
Ever proud of her Liverpool roots, she put diet coke in it !!
My Jockanese mate would not be impressed.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight we cooked one of those cook from frozen chicken joints, it was for her dad to be made into a bunch of roast chicken dinners for his freezer, as his illness progresses he goes through episodes where its too hard to cook, we were to have a chilli but as linsey didn't get back from Glasgow until 5.30 she will travel over tomorrow so we decided to share the chicken, I had prepared tons of veg for the roast dinners, im not getting the logic behind this but my guess is she changed her mind on the chilli. It was very good in the end but I would always buy a real chicken rather than a cook from frozen joint, glass of sharp Chardonay I made last year with a tiny squirt of summer fruit squash, made the difference so might finish the bottle
All finished off with baked Turkish figs with a maple syrup drizzle and squirty cream

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight with Linsey at her dads I could have had a whopper curry, Chinese feast, stack of kebabs, the night was my oyster, but no, I had the veggie scraps from last nights cooking fest so it was potatoes, cabbage, sprouts, carrot and swede, stuffing and a couple of slices of pork, all diced up and mashed together for a bubble and squeak dish, want going to have a wine but fancied one whilst watching the under 21s getting beat by Sunderland - it was scraps, no dressing it up with names like bubble and squeak

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Tonight it was lamb for me in spices, with Swede and mash with spinach.
The veggie strange journo one had stolen a match for her and the boss with a salmon alternative. We still had the Californian white wine.

Hilsjw

Yes Barry's is pricy. Not queuing for an hour outside for an overpriced lot of tea. A shame really as we would have liked to have gone. What a lovely town Harrogate is. We've been lucky with the weather too. Great hotel and can't complain about the food. Getting the bus to Leeds after breakfast.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I made a chilli this morning tin of KTC chilli beans, tin of Sainsburys tasteless low sugar, low salt baked beans, tin of chopped tomatoes and I fried chopped onion, loads of garlic, fresh chillies which was added to the mix in the slow cooker, I also chopped some red and green peppers and some chestnut mushrooms. I also added some chilli flakes from my last years batch of home grown, cooked all day and served with garlic bread for me and boiled rice for her.
Glass or 2 of Oxford Landing.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom