yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Linsey went with her dad today to his GP, the GP told him bluntly but in as nice a way as possible that he was not going to get better, no magic pills, no sudden recoveries, he has now accepted where he is, will take some time to sink in, Linsey was just about to leave and he said "you won't put me in a care home will you ?" That will never happen.
So on the back of that we were struggling to think of something to cook for tonight, we went for a home made lasagne as it was easy, neither of us had great appetites but we needed to eat, it was very good as usual.
Glass or 2 of wine as we reflect, now not setting off to paradise until near lunchtime,

Hilsjw

F/R chicken breasts, sliced and egg and bread crumbed. Fried. A good way to make them go a long way. Saute potatoes, tender stem broccoli and brussels sprouts. Made a sauce with onions, garlic, curry powder, apricot jam and a splash of cream. Rather good !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
The hotel is next to a Greene King pub, we booked a table not expecting too much but to be fair it was a mixed experience. We had a sharing starter platter of crispy Korean Chicken Thigh, Salt and Pepper Squid, Red Pepper Humous, Garlic Flat Bread and Kofte which was great, it led us into believing our mains may equal it, they didn't, I was greedy and ordered a mixed grill, the Gammon was grilled dry, the chicken the same, the medium rare steak was more rare, cold and as tough as old boot leather, the sausage was seriously low rent, the egg was over fried but the chips were OK. Not really a big chip fan so only had a few. Linsey wanted a dairy free meal as its her allergy, no one could tell her what went in the sauces, they insisted on bringing her the allergy library which was unreadable due to micro print and a dark room she opted for a rump medium grilled with no sauce and the usual fries and onion rings,
the steak was still alive cold and bleeding all over the plate, no problem they took it back and grilled it as it should have been, problem was they let the rest of the dish go cold, they refunded her meal, 2 bottles of wine later decided to cancel tomorrow night's booking, anyone know a good chippy in Chorley area ?

Hilsjw

Duck breasts from M & S. Sweet potatoes chipped and roasted in the oven. Brussels sprouts. Aldi were selling small bottle of essence. I bought a lemon one and orange bottle. Got excited about this and made an orange sauce to go with the duck, put orange zest in the sauce too. Completely tasteless so poured down the kitchen sink. Duck tough and tasteless too so, a very disappointing dinner !

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Tonight it's a luxury cottage pie from Sainsbury's with broccoli and carrots for me and the boss with the white Californian wine.
The strange veggie one is having cod in batter.
The Covid leper is still in isolation at her place and has no sense of taste or smell, so I left her a photo of what we are having on WhatsApp!!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Terrible nights sleep at the Prem Inn last night so decided to do what we had to do and drive home, no chance of staying another night.
Set off at 5 PM from North Mancunia and arrived at Valerios in Lanark at 8 PM Jumbo Haddock and Chips for me with curry sauce and mushy peas, and Cod and Chips for my girl.
Both stuffed to the brim and now having a glass or 2 of wine and reflecting on a very difficult day.

Hilsjw

P. Inn are very good at refunding your money if you have a bad night. It happened to us twice - once a flood in an above floor and staff removed our clothes to another room whilst we were out but didn't hang them up. The other one was when a fire alarm went off during the night, so got a refund for that too ! Good service ! We both had mushroom and cheese omelette with hot buttered toast. Simple but very nice !

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Carry out ruby , shahi lamb karahi for me , butter chicken for Jax , onion bhaji , bombay aloo , pilau rice , nan , four popadom and chatni .
Very tasty , delivered on time , enough left for my lunch today .
Steve

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Tonight, it is home made chicken casserole made by myself as the boss is watching Arsenal thrash Spurs.
I have added a few red chillies from my chillie farm to pep it up a bit.
With carrot & Swede mash, roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. Obviously the Californian white wine is accompanying.
The strange veggie one is sharing our veg to add to haddock.
The Covid leper will be sent another photo of our meal on WhatsApp.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Roast Beef dinner without Yorkshire Lancashire or Lanarkshire pudding, she forgot but under the circumstances I forgive, dry roasted Maris Pipers, carrot and Swede crush, Billy Logans sprouts, Popeyes spinach, Aldi cauliflower and peas out of the garden,chocolate mousse, bottle of Mud House Rose courtesy of my youngest sister and very nice it was.
Mushroom, I take it you are all clear apart from one daughter, been bombed out so may have missed if you posted it

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Roast Beef dinner without Yorkshire Lancashire or Lanarkshire pudding, she forgot but under the circumstances I forgive, dry roasted Maris Pipers, carrot and Swede crush, Billy Logans sprouts, Popeyes spinach, Aldi cauliflower and peas out of the garden,chocolate mousse, bottle of Mud House Rose courtesy of my youngest sister and very nice it was.
Mushroom, I take it you are all clear apart from one daughter, been bombed out so may have missed if you posted it
Martin. That is correct. We are 3/4 negative. The Covid one is recovering. I cannot waste so much of your life trying to explain the grief the boss has had, so I won't.
Fair to say - it's a challenge.

Hilsjw

Son and two children down to Worthing for the day (got the last of the good weather !) Cooked a F/R chicken from Aldi. Excellent with no water released when roasting. Over 2 kilos in weight. More expensive but well worth it. Made a chocolate cheese cake from a recipe. Non cook but disappointing as the outside was not crunchy. Another one that I won't be trying again. Bill and I had chicken and mayonnaise sandwiches after we'd cleared up after the children left. My goodness they were noisy !

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Tonight to celebrate it being 42 years today since I met the boss at a party, we are quaffing some Californian white wine before we have the chicken shish from my favourite Turkish take away.
When I first met her on the Saturday night, I was in touch with her on the phone on the Sunday but couldn't meet up until the following Friday evening because she had loads of homework to do for school during the week!!
She was 15 1/2. I was 18 1/2.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
It was my 2nd anniversary today of my retirement at 59, aimed for 55 but it didn't happen, so despite it being a school night I decided to have a wine, large glass or 2 of Viognier it was served with a Hairy dieters Lamb, potato and Spinach curry made by her fair hands, with a garlic and coriander naan on the side.
All excellent.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
I did 40 years and then retired. It coincided with both kids finished with Uni and going into employment.
We celebrated with a Chinese and the boss went back to work the next morning.
When she retires in March of next year, it could be a curry !!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom