Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
What did you have tonight
Tonight, my eldest came to us via my taxi service after attending at her friend's baby shower (eh?). Her friend is mixed race part Jamaican and they spent the afternoon eating jerk chicken, goat curry and drinking rum (all fine with me) and brought back NOWT !!
Me and the boss have resorted to Chicken Shish, rice, salad and pitta bread courtesy of my Turkish friend's takeaway.
The strange veggie daughter opted for Mozzarella strips and a Turkish salad.
Californian white wine to assist.

Hilsjw

Forgot to mention, when in Harvey Nicholls on Friday, we went up to the wine department and saw a bottle of 35 year old Japanese whiskey 75cl. £16,000. No tasting samples available !! Re heated Thursdays salmon dish but added a couple of fresh chillies and finished it off with cream. A great improvement. Re heated basmati rice.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Massive busy day finishing building wardrobes with sliding doors, never again then we had to move the bed into the new bedroom followed by all my scruffs and her toggery, both burned out but had to have our roast beef dinner with potatoes. Peas, kale and carrots from the garden and mini cauliflower from the farm next door.
She has now served up a Christmas pudding and custard dish, fit to bust but it won't spoil my wine

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Tonight, after redeeming a boat load of points from my Barclaycard Visa card and converting them to M&S vouchers, the boss went to that establishment in pursuit of food.
It's now Chicken casserole with dumplings, vegetable bake and cauliflower cheese.
Unfortunately my pal Sandip at the offy doesn't take vouchers, so the Californian white wine was paid for via the bank account.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Another busy day today started with an early morning blood test and the nurse telling me to step up to the plate and lose more weight. Great start to the day, linsey put 700g on lean beef into the slow cooker with chopped onions and mushrooms with a Sainsbury Madras sauce, I suggested a load of red lentils but as usual she knew best, I took a portion tonight and had it with 2 Peshawar mini naans, it was delicious, linsey is staying at her dads and had a chicken chasseur, did I mention the Guinness and blacks I set aside for the footie ? If not I will now.

Hilsjw

Chicken thighs, boned and stuffed with garlic and home made lime chutney (limes picked in Turkey !) then topped with breadcrumbs. Vegetables roasted in the same pan. Roasted cabbage with chilli flakes and olive oil - this needs some improvement. The rest excellent.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Tonight I made a cottage pie with real cottage. All made with my own hands using Aberdeen Angus mince with onions, my own mash, frozen garden peas (sorry) and stock comprising of smoked paprika, dark soy sauce, Worcester sauce, herbs and oxo. A topping of grated cheese on top and into the oven it went to brown off while I went to see Sandip and purchase some Californian white wine.
The strange veggie daughter copied me and made one with Quorn mince.
The boss came home just after I got back home and was grateful. She might not be so grateful when she sees the bottom of the oven where my gravy over ran the deep dish I had used.
I shall blame the strange veggie daughter !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tomato and Lentil soup with tomatoes from the greenhouse, lentils from Kos and my home grown chillis for spicing it

Thai fish cakes from Lidl,with mini paprika potatoes from the garden and peas from Aldi

Bottle of Sainsburys house Sauv Blanc, had a punch up with the cap trying to remove it, I won !

A jacket potato with butter & some Linghams chilli sauce. The chilli sauce has a best before date of June 2019, but I decided to risk it.
I need to go through my cupboards & get rid of lots of out of date items that haven't been used in our villa. If it is a rainy day tomorrow, I may make a start on it

enoch

A jacket potato with butter & some Linghams chilli sauce. The chilli sauce has a best before date of June 2019, but I decided to risk it.
I need to go through my cupboards & get rid of lots of out of date items that haven't been used in our villa. If it is a rainy day tomorrow, I may make a start on it
You might be lucky, only 3 days rain in the next 30 we had one yesterday it lasted all of 30 seconds.

Hilsjw

Made a lasagne with beef mince, topped with cheese and mozzarella. Looked the bizz when I took it out of the oven. What ever went wrong ? It had the consistency of soup. Maybe because I used passata ? Tasted good though, but we had to eat it with a spoon ! Same tonight, I'm afraid.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Spent much of the day painting the inside of the new shed, got the flooring coming next week so needs must, my little helper disappeared to Newcastle today for a series of client meetings over the next couple of days, she lifted me a lamb stew out of the freezer, pretty sure it was one I made some time ago, after my shower I really fancied a Chinese takeaway. No chance of delivery as too far away, trouble was she went in her car and left mine. I haven't driven mine for 2 years now as it is manual and I have a dodgy knee so had to pass on that.
The lamb stew was OK with a plate of dry rock hard oven chips, no dessert however I will fill my boots with Guinness and black as its football tonight.
I'll try and convince her we absolutely and desperately need a Chinese tomorrow

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Tonight we took my step dad and mum to The Wetherby Whaler in Wakefield.
It's his Birthday and Fish and Chips are his favourite.
He isn't well and I don't think he will see another birthday, so I hope he enjoyed his evening.
Football and white Californian now.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom