Mushroom

What did you have tonight
Tonight I've been excused cooking duties.
It's a curry night from a local restaurant, being delivered within the hour.
I've opted for a shami kebab starter with salad, then a lamb Rogan josh in Madras strength with chips for main. With the customary white wine to assist.
This will no doubt bring my morning bowel movement to 7am which is a shame because I aren't getting up before 8.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Felt a bit iffy today, not sure why, but it mirrors the side effects on my sugar fairy tablets, as the afternoon went on I felt better, don't do ill so like a brave little soldier I knocked up a Goan Curry, with Chicken and green lentils served with mini naans, We both thought the chicken breast a little tough and would have been better slow cooked which was plan A however I had to resort to plan B which was cook it in the wok.
Glass of Percheron Viognier for afters, one of my favourites.

Mushroom

An Asian restaurant owner who I have known for years, tells me a nicely spiced curry with a few chillies can settle an upset stomach. Turmeric has always been recommended for a variety of ailments.
All in All, I can't complain at a nice curry.

enoch

An Asian restaurant owner who I have known for years, tells me a nicely spiced curry with a few chillies can settle an upset stomach. Turmeric has always been recommended for a variety of ailments.
All in All, I can't complain at a nice curry.
Be leave me it might settle a little upset stomach but if you have chronic Gerd keep away from any spice.

Mushroom

Tonight it's a chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a slight covering of cheese and a drizzle of BBQ sauce, then mash and green beans, with the statutory white wine.
The chicken meal is called Hunter's Chicken around these parts, but I don't think it has any connection with President Biden's son.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hunters Chicken seems to be a favourite in the pub restaurants up here, I like it very much so think on next time you knock it up !

We had salmon fillets grilled with a coating of sweet chilli sauce served with new potatoes and peas from the garden and a sweetcorn served with fake butter and fake salt.
All enjoyable though and finishing the night with a large Flora de Cania on ice

I nearly purchased some low salt salt by mistake today. Luckily I realised & swapped it for a nice box of natural salt crystals.

Tonight we tried to make the most of the weather before the rain arrives again. Drove out to a pub in the countryside that my husband found whilst out cycling. I had looked at their website & Facebook page & it all looked good. I had decided on s cheeseboard, the ploughmans or a prawn cocktail salad. Of course when we got there none of these items were on their new menu. I ended up with just a Rosso linguine, which although fresh was a bit bland & tasteless

enoch

With a colonoscopy planned for Friday I have 2 nights of food freedom. Tuesday is low fibre as is Wednesday and Thursday you don't really want to know, but I will be half a stone lighter by the evening !!
So, tonight it's back to my favourite Turkish takeaway for chicken shish, salad and rice with chilli sauce and a pitta bread. The rest of the clan are having similar.
I went to day to the doctor. I have an colonoscopy on the 13 Aug things have changed so much. Diet for one. just looking at your post. I have been told no rice, vedg,salad,only clear soup white fish, yoga, eggs 3a day max. And last day 4litr of water between 6 and 12 with the powder in. How its changed in 4 years

Mushroom

Mine was cancelled due to the bloke with the cattle prod having Covid in the family.
I now have the pleasure at the end of this month.
I think it's a case of a low fibre diet for 3 days, a laxative and Bovril on day 4 with the procedure on day 5.
Happy days.
Sirloin steak tonight with a few wedges and spinach. Grape juice to accompany.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight was sausage from the pigs next door, potatoes, cabbage and kale from the garden with liver from Aldi or similar in a thick sticky onion gravy, delicious !
We got our results back from our samples this week, both in the clear for 2 years so should knock the Cork out of a bottle of Taittinger but will wait for weekend

Latest Posts

Top Bottom