enoch

What did you have tonight
With a colonoscopy planned for Friday I have 2 nights of food freedom. Tuesday is low fibre as is Wednesday and Thursday you don't really want to know, but I will be half a stone lighter by the evening !!
So, tonight it's back to my favourite Turkish takeaway for chicken shish, salad and rice with chilli sauce and a pitta bread. The rest of the clan are having similar.
Had 4 of them, the best one was in turkey it was so gently admistered. I was always told never let them put you to sleep. The private hospital's in turkey all want to put you to sleep.

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Last night was lamb chops, new potatoes, cauliflower and Kale from the garden, cabbage from Lidl with sticky gravy and mint sauce, we then sat out in the warm drinking wine until it went dark about 10.30 pm.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight was Spanish style chicken one tray bake, I requested extra garlic and chorizo which I got, and very good it was.
An ice pop for afters followed by a Manc Snak later FB_IMG_1627324639464.jpg

Akasya

Postless Pointer
With a colonoscopy planned for Friday I have 2 nights of food freedom. Tuesday is low fibre as is Wednesday and Thursday you don't really want to know, but I will be half a stone lighter by the evening !!
So, tonight it's back to my favourite Turkish takeaway for chicken shish, salad and rice with chilli sauce and a pitta bread. The rest of the clan are having similar.
Half a stone , bit more than that imho..... do not stray far from the rest room , best of luck mate.
Steve

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Thanks Steve. Not excited by the prospect but I can reveal my evening meals from now until 8pm Wednesday are - white rice, or pasta, with fish or chicken. No sauce. Thursday is a cup of Bovril.
Go on then - beat that !!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Thanks Steve. Not excited by the prospect but I can reveal my evening meals from now until 8pm Wednesday are - white rice, or pasta, with fish or chicken. No sauce. Thursday is a cup of Bovril.
Go on then - beat that !!
Up here we get an envelope through the door every 2 years for your "poo" test, I suffer from diverticulitis so there is nearly always a blood showing which means a good rodding, I swear the sedative didn't kick in until I was in the car on the way home last time, not sent my sample back yet, had the letter for 2 weeks now, all the best !

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Have endured the diet and the emetic , i thought that the bottom and world thing most appropriate . Moist toilet wipes are really worth it .
Steve

PS if i could have got some , a sprinkle of coke on the wipe would have been most welcome .

enoch

Up here we get an envelope through the door every 2 years for your "poo" test, I suffer from diverticulitis so there is nearly always a blood showing which means a good rodding, I swear the sedative didn't kick in until I was in the car on the way home last time, not sent my sample back yet, had the letter for 2 weeks now, all the best !
Have they stopped that in the uk or is it only for over a certain age? The poop test.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive

Overview​

Bowel screening is offered to men and women aged 50 to 74 across Scotland to help find bowel cancer early when it can often be cured. You're 14 times more likely to survive bowel cancer if it's found early.
Half a million people in Scotland do their bowel screening test each year.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
I got a call from the Colonoscopy unit this afternoon after having a Covid swab this morning. I thought that was a bit quick for a result.
It was to tell me that Covid had hit the family of the gent who was supposed to do my procedure on Friday and I had been knocked back to the end of August.
I had been psyching myself up for Friday and planning accordingly but things happen and I was thanked for my understanding.
NOW, tonight it's a home made chicken curry and a few glasses of wine.
Tomorrow, Steve has pointed me in the way of a Canneloni.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I've been painting the bedroom on and off all day, about a week ago I strained my neck the pain shooting down my left arm leaving me with hardly any strength in my hand, the pain was intense if I tilt my head and look up, eased off now but makes cutting in ridiculously difficult, we had planned to have Halibut tonight but I stamped my feet and demanded a curry, reward for my toil I suppose. So as a compromise my chef lifted 2 Chinese style chicken curries out of the freezer, she makes them with chicken breast, chunky onions and peas, just like we got at the Chinkie after a few beers in our youth, the sauce is Mayflower powder, it tastes really good, served with digitally air fried chips and a few coronas, after this bedroom is finished I will never paint another thing ever, in fact I'm going to throw away my colouring books !

It sounds like you have trapped a nerve. I suffer these symptoms from a couple of prolapsed discs in my neck. You really should rest & let it recover. Tilting your head back & looking up is one of the exercises I was given by my physio.
Also no heavy lifting (in my case this seems to be ever again. 8 years on from my worst symptoms, I can still aggravate things if I lift something heavy.

If you have a prolapsed disc & keep overdoing it, then one day you may end up with a pain down your spine & be in agony & unable to move. I had to rest for 3 months, as I learned the hard way. I kept working & slapping a heat patch on my shoulder/back, until one morning I was in so much pain that I couldn't get out of bed. I was due to have surgery & have titanium discs inserted, but delayed it because I was frightened of the surgery & luckily the delay gave me time to recover enough to avoid the surgery.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom