yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
BBQ pork loins marinaded in a BBQ sauce, no surprise there then, home made Adana kebabs, toasted wholemeal pitta breads, home made aubergine, onion, garlic and tomato sort of imam bayaldi dish, a bowl of home made taziki and a rocket and tomato salad
No wine or beer and I was gagging for one or 3.
Dessert was an ice pop

Hilsjw

Had lunch with a friend on Monday, I just don't know why I can't behave my self at my age Spent most of Tuesday in bed ! That old biryani stir fried. Bill had the same but his bottom dentures are a a bit painful, so must phone the dentist.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Had lunch with a friend on Monday, I just don't know why I can't behave my self at my age Spent most of Tuesday in bed ! That old biryani stir fried. Bill had the same but his bottom dentures are a a bit painful, so must phone the dentist.
fingers crossed for Bill , honey .
Steve

Jaycey

African Refugee
Definitely not what I had tonight but didn't know where to post.

Could be of interest to foodies but too bland for my taste.

Top 10 Most Popular Ukrainian Foods..

Hilsjw

Very interesting Jaycey. Bill made saurekraut a couple of weeks ago. Chucked it out because it didn't smell too good. Best to buy it from an Eastern European shop. it's dead cheap. I'm sure commercial food if properly sterilised. The last of the biryani, with extra cauliflower and peas, topped off with a couple of fried eggs. Rather nice.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hake, baked with a Paprika covering served with digitally air fried potato wedges there was a side of dry fried mixed peppers, onions and garlic which I passed on, that to me is like having double cream on your chips, now there's a thought ! Or is that another Ukraine speciality I have missed.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Another hot one so another BBQ, lamb chops cooked from frozen, they BBQ well, sweet corns and home made Adana kofte, imam bayaldi and a crunchy acilli esme served with wholemeal pitta breads.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Another hot one, rather than light the BBQ we had some chicken breast fillet marinaded in a BBQ sauce and cooked on parchment in the oven, in my case served with wholemeal pittas and hers a strange micro thin excuse of a flat bread, we had a side of rocket and tomato salad.
All bottle of organic rose spumante to share, that's a poncy name for pink sparkling wine if you wonder !

Hilsjw

Off to Worcester until Thursday. Cooked a ham, made curried eggs and a hot sauce made with mangoes, plenty of chillies and various other ingredients to take up with us. Re heated yesterdays moussaka.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Off to Worcester until Thursday. Cooked a ham, made curried eggs and a hot sauce made with mangoes, plenty of chillies and various other ingredients to take up with us. Re heated yesterdays moussaka.
PLEASE help settle an argument with an American friend here.

I've always pronounced Worcester as 'Wooster'.
Same with both the town and the sauce?
Thanks, $$$ are in the balance!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Last night was to be a Chinese takeaway at ours with our neighbours, but Linseys dad took ill so she had to drive over to be with him whilst the paramedics were there, I was told to stay home, I had set and pepper ribs starter, my favourite followed by a combination in Cantonese style sauce, the sauce wasn't the best I have had and the chicken had no texture, probably the waste reformed with protein glue, won't bother again, the paramedics said her dad had a heart incident and also a temperature so sent him to Edinburgh Royal for further tests, The consultant said they had no idea why he felt ill as the ECG in the hospital was fine as was his temperature, I wonder if it had everything to do with an 87 year old deciding to mow his lawn in the middle of the day with a antique heavy flymo the day before.
We picked him up today bright as a button complaining about everything, normality returned

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
With a colonoscopy planned for Friday I have 2 nights of food freedom. Tuesday is low fibre as is Wednesday and Thursday you don't really want to know, but I will be half a stone lighter by the evening !!
So, tonight it's back to my favourite Turkish takeaway for chicken shish, salad and rice with chilli sauce and a pitta bread. The rest of the clan are having similar.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom