yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Tonight was a stir fry mix, pak choi with sesame seeds, very large prawns, linsey made a salt, pepper and chilli paste and mixed and stir fried them in the wok she also added a mixed pepper and veg pack from Morrisons and cooked that with smaller prawns in an oyster sauce.
Rounded of with a glass of sugar free vimto. 20210624_183356.jpg

enoch

Tonight was a stir fry mix, pak choi with sesame seeds, very large prawns, linsey made a salt, pepper and chilli paste and mixed and stir fried them in the wok she also added a mixed pepper and veg pack from Morrisons and cooked that with smaller prawns in an oyster sauce.
Rounded of with a glass of sugar free vimto. View attachment 22839
Just a question the big prawn escargot I think that's the name it's not something we eat because of the high cholesterol in them. The price in metro was 300 tl a klo. How does that compare with the uk?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Just a question the big prawn escargot I think that's the name it's not something we eat because of the high cholesterol in them. The price in metro was 300 tl a klo. How does that compare with the uk?

From memory the biggest ones were about £14 for 900 grams at Costco, very good as well

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Went to the Plum Orchard in Lanark tonight, never been before.
I started with salt and chilli ribs which was a generous portion of small but meaty ribs which were very tasty, I would have preferred more chilli but still 10 out of 10, for my main I had crispy fried chicken in a honey and chilli sauce , I have never had that before even in Manchesters China town which is probably as big as Lanark with dozens of Chinese restaurants, it was served in a birds nest and we had a side of fried rice to share, Linsey had stir fried beef with broccoli, it was all excellent, I had 2 diet cokes and Linsey a large glass of Pinot Grigio, hard to think we hadn't been there before, certainly will again though, just need to be careful with my choices now the sugar fairy has got me, as good as my main was its not likely to be on my radar again sadly. 20210626_180618.jpg

A cheese omelette, followed by gooseberry crumble.

We were lucky to have a fair along the prom outside our flat & my husband happened to look out the window & see that the gooseberries had been reduced to £1 a punnet, so he kindly went out & brought me the last 7 punnets. Gooseberry jam & crumble made & some going in the freezer for another time. I just love gooseberries

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
A few weeks ago we planned to have afternoon tea with our neighbours, more of a fun thing and a good chinwag, we had it without the usual cakes scones etc but it was still very enjoyable with finger sandwiches of salmon and cucumber, fresh baked ham and chicken and light mayo we also had a ham and lentil soup and bite sized home made sausage rolls and more.
Later at home I managed some carrot battons and radishes with wafer sliced ham, my day was spent drinking diet Irn Bru and sugar free vimto
Enjoyable day !

Hilsjw

After a few nights with family. Home last night. Bought cod fish cakes from M & S tasteless ! Bill has his final THREE teeth removed today, so omelettes for us tonight I think. Bought some fab' free range duck eggs in Lincolnshire plus 2 dozen lovely bantam eggs at only £1.00 a doz. Can't get anything like that in Worthing !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We decided on Kofte with salad in pitta breads, I wanted mine spicy so linsey obliged with extra chilli, the mince was very lean steak mince pounded and formed onto skewers, being so lean it was quite dry but really tasty.
The mince would probably have benefited from mixing with either pork or lamb mince.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom