yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Beef short rib bought at Costco, I found a recipe on the BBC good food site where either pressure cooking or slow cooking were mentioned. Linsey chose pressure cooking as we had a busy day, the recipe was Thai in style with ginger, chilli, garlic, coriander stalks and red onion made into a paste, the meat was seared and removed then the paste was fried in the residual oil from the meat searing, and so on and on, moving on and the cooking smells were just perfect, the meat was removed and served with a chopped Thai salad, all in all delicious but would probably be even more tender in the slow cooker 20210619_201949.jpg

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Popped over to Linseys dads today for an overnight,
So Roast beef dinner with the usual veggies and stuff Cooked by Linsey,
Her dad forgot to chill the wine and I don't like warm white wine

On my alternative holiday after my Turkish flights were cancelled. Tonight we ate at Pho in Portsmouth Dockyard. I had the Pho Xao (wok fried chicken noodles), my husband had the Spring Rolls followed by the ca-ri (curry). All very good.
We then went onto the Alchamist for cocktails. We shared a Rhubarb & Custard bellini, where you poured the prosecco into the glass from the chemists beaker & a highly alcoholic chocolate orange cocktail with a sugar disc you had to break into it
Would still of preferred to of been in Turkey, but at least it was warm enough to sit outside late into the evening

20210620_214021.jpg

20210620_203904.jpg

Hilsjw

Son and two grandchildren came to Worthing - weather unexpectedly warm and sunny, so they played on the beach. They wanted spaghetti and frankfurters. Bought the wrong type apparently, so they wouldn't eat them - can you believe it ?! Made a large batch of minestrone for vegetarian daughter who didn't turn up. Hence a fridge full of soup !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Packet of mini cheddars last night, not hungry at all, we had picked up a rotiserrie chicken at Costco, the plan was a salad with jersey royals etc, maybe another day.

Hilsjw

That looks classy Japanese food Villasunday. Poured with rain all day. Went to Eastbourne to visit daughter. Took the minestrone soup I had made for her plus strawberries, individual pavlovas and creme fraiche. Omelettes all round last night. She decided to come back with us and is still in bed.

Still on our holiday. Another wet morning. Got the hovercraft to Ryde, Isle of Wight, then went for breakfast. My husband had the Balik Ekmek. I went for the smoked haddock Fish cake with spinach, topped with hollandaise & a poached eg.
Tonight Ed had a mixed grill, I had a prawn cocktail followed by nachos.

20210622_213755.jpg

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Mince and tatties with dry roast potatoes, had to be simple tonight, had the builder in finishing the en suite and running up the under floor heating up, sounds odd at this time of year but needs must, then the other builder building the sun room turned up for a 9 am concrete delivery, that didn't happen, he wasn't happy,
Just a normal sort of day for us, just having a glass of wine with a bowl of frozen wine gums for desert- bliss !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom