yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Whilst Linsey was at her marathon hairdressing session, 3 hours no less, I prepared a dish of mince and tatties, ok she did the prep earlier and I put a light under it and stirred it, I had mine with a Tomato ketchup Jus and some stale bread, well almost stale in my opinion, she who had none argued there was nothing wrong with it.
Couple of 1664s and a couple of glasses of Viognier, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bought 6 cases of the 1664 now, finding it a bit dull now.

Hilsjw

Salmon en croute from Aldi - very good for shop bought and more than enough for two. Roasted fennel and beetroot with garlic, parmesan and breadcrumbs. This was so under cooked that Bill couldn't eat it with his lack of teeth, I crunched my way though it. Carrots and mange tout. Not one of my successes on the vegetable front !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Rack of ribs from Costco firstly done in the pressure cooker then coated with a marinade then later baked in the oven, served with a side of digitally air fried potato wedges and a slice of griddled chilli haloumi and a cherry tomato and rocket salad, very tasty all round.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
We took delivery of a digital air fryer yesterday, so at lunchtime Linsey insisted on making me sausage sandwiches with locally produced sausages, 8 minutes later they were served up, very impressed.
Last night should have been meatballs and and pasta with the meatballs made from a combination of 2% fat Turkey mince and 5% steak mince in equal amounts, Linsey ground the meat down to almost sausage meat consistency the same as she was taught to make Kofte many years ago adding a variety of spices, they were griddled and served in Tortilla wraps with griddled onions, peppers and a little grated garlic. She served a side of potato wedges cooked in her new toy, all in all very good.
Which model did you get, and would you buy again? I am looking at the Philips HD9252, and dithering about whether I would get use out of it.

Ian

enoch

Which model did you get, and would you buy again? I am looking at the Philips HD9252, and dithering about whether I would get use out of it.

Ian
Just been looking at the HD09650/90
2598.99 tl down from 3500 tl. I was wondering the same would we get the use out of it.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive

Ian
We bought the Gourmia model from Costco, it works well and does a lot more than fries, wedges etc. There are various short videos on YouTube showing the flexibility but mainly American themed, so everything is with fries, a lot of presets and a reasonable recipe booklet albeit that is also American themed, would we buy it again, yes at the price of less than £50 not sure I would look at the more expensive ones, Linsey tells me that some of her relatives have bought machines upwards of £200 and the don't live in Wilmslow.
One extra we bought was a chip cutter so they were all of an even size. She tells me it cooks stuff very quickly as well potato wedges in in 15 mins as opposed to 45 minutes.

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Spent the day pulling the garage apart inside so I can install the electrics ready for the drawers sink unit etc I am putting in, linsey got busy helping and moved a ton bag of logs into the log store amongst other things in the garden, the plan was early doors up the pub but we were both 50 - 50, anyway I went into the bedroom to think about a quick change and scrub when I found Neville had puked on the quilt, it was huge, massive and even ginormous so that was that, quilt cover and quilt through the washing machine.
That meant it was a meal from the freezer of Sainsburys chicken satay, excellent as usual, prawn gyozos from Costco also first class and mini spring rolls also from Costco which were slightly spicy, again to my liking.
I had some craft beers in bottles from Sainsburys and sharing a bottle of wine watching football, early night as sll to fo again tomorrow apart from our bedroom door will be closed tight. Neville is lay on his settee on his back, snoring with one paw over his eyes and 3 paws pointing skywards, totally oblivious of ruining our well earned early doors sketch.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Just looked up your Goumia air fryer Martin and you were lucky to get yours so cheaply !
If you are a member or you know someone who is it includes delivery to your door.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Roast Beef dinner tonight, without Lancashire puddings, disappointing but I was hungry after a full day working around the house and garden.
Wasn't having a beer or wine tonight but managed to strim my leg, so that went out the window, sat down to finally chill out and we get a power cut, great night ! IMG-20210613-WA0007.jpeg

Hilsjw

Oooch ! I think that gash deserves a large tot of something !!! On the beach. made sausage rolls (the M & S puff pastry is not a good a Jus-roll) BBQ with bierwurst and M & S "The Best" burgers which contain marrow fat. Back on the wagon for the week. That's a good deal Martin but I doubt that they would deliver free down here, as it's a Northern based company, We don't have then down in the South, unfortunately.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Oooch ! I think that gash deserves a large tot of something !!! On the beach. made sausage rolls (the M & S puff pastry is not a good a Jus-roll) BBQ with bierwurst and M & S "The Best" burgers which contain marrow fat. Back on the wagon for the week. That's a good deal Martin but I doubt that they would deliver free down here, as it's a Northern based company, We don't have then down in the South, unfortunately.
Its an international company/members club, your nearest being in Farnborough, they deliver nationwide.

Top Bottom