yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
So Linsey spent 4 hours at her first hair appointment this afternoon since August, didn't bode well for my steak and onion baguette when I told her I couldn't tell the difference, anyway that's what I got eventually on a fresh baked baguette, but she couldn't find the French mustard, mmm I think that was my punishment, sill nice enough without.
Bottle of San Miguel and sharing a bottle of Makaraka.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Linsey is totally refreshed after her hair cut so tonight she made a similar dish to the cauliflower dish she had made previously except this time with chicken thigh fillet, so it was sticky sesame baked chicken, it was really good in fact better than before.

20210409_191210.jpg

Hilsjw

Beef joint from M & S. cooked rare. It was good but a tad tough, so Bill had trouble eating it with his teeth !! Potatoes. Courgettes and aubergines grilled then covered in breadcrumbs and put in the oven. Green beans and shredded cabbage. Will turn the rest of the meat into a ragu sauce. Off to see the grandchildren in their garden for the first time in months.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We got to chilling time today about 3.30 pm when our girlie cat staggered in, limping and in distress, pretty sure 99% it was a local feral cat who visits every now and then, £120 later and a cat that is now terrified of any noise, so our plan was to cook 2 breast of lamb chops which we did and they were tasty if not fatty, which matches me, we then had corned beef stuffed baked potatoes, a Saturday night favourite, perfect! Nora just came out of her tunnel for some food, progress !

Hilsjw

Went to see the family In Walton. Not outside I'm afraid as it was so cold and rained a bit. Took up a large pork belly joint for Joe to cook and red cabbage from M & S. Made a large trifle but told not to put sherry in it, in case the children got a taste for alcohol !!! Can you believe it ? As it happens, the children didn't touch the darn trifle !! Actually we have given up drinking alcohol during the week (only wine etc at weekends and special occasions) This has improved the dreadful cramps I had been getting for years in my legs at night plus my high blood pressure has gone down to to sensible level. It's Sunday today, so a good bottle of red is due !

Red thai chicken curry made in the slow cooker. After adding some peppers near the end of cooking it looked a bit wet, so I decided to chuck the rice in to cook with it, excepting to end up with a soup like curry instead it ended up like a biriani. It tasted OK though.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Got Nora cat back from the cat menders tonight, not great, ultra lethargic, not eating and hardly drinking, if no improvement by morning she will be back and on the intravenous stuff. So not feeling up for too much we had Spanish style One Tray Bake, normally love it, bit of a struggle to enjoy tonight.

Hilsjw

Oh poor old Nora. At least she is in good hands. F/R chicken breasts, sliced then egg and breadcrumbed, then fried. Carrots and sliced potatoes roasted in the oven with salt and sugar. Tender stem broccoli, peas and green beans. Good.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom