yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Linsey got busy yesterday and made oven baked sesame sticky cauliflower florets last night, Cambodian style, very tasty. That was followed by lamb chops from local lambs and small home made Adana kebabs, could have been a little more spicy for me.
A mix of flat breads as a side
20210402_183121 B.jpg

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight we have Linseys dad visiting, he is actually here for a couple of days so we have modified our weekend food plan to accommodate his diet, suffering with stomach acid or similar, so tonight we stretched it to olive bread, garlic bread, a tomato and rocket salad and a slab of Linseys lasagne, so far so good, he says he's OK with his whisky and a glass of wine or 2, not bad for near 88, the wine is called Mastercraft, a Marlborough Sauvingion Blanc, very smooth and new to me, will buy some more for definate.

Hilsjw

M & S were doing a deal for four people for £20.00. Choice of chicken, lamb or pork, 3 side dishes and one decent sized pudding. We had the boned shoulder of lamb, 2 trays of asparagus and the red cabbage. Sticky toffee pudding. All excellent and great value.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Roasted Turkey Crown with dry roast potatoes, Billy Logan's sprouts, carrot and swede crush, roasted parsnips, white cabbage, bread and onion sauce, stuffing made from the little piggy's next door, pigs in blankets and a sticky stock gravy with a side of cranberry jelly. Did I mention the trifle ?
Totally stuffed and struggled to watch our famous victory over Brighton, just glad I wasn't on the bench.

Does Linsey spend her whole day in the kitchen? She certainly keeps you fed very well & doesn't seem to keep recycling the same old recipes over & over, like I tend to end up doing

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Does Linsey spend her whole day in the kitchen? She certainly keeps you fed very well & doesn't seem to keep recycling the same old recipes over & over, like I tend to end up doing
I think she would like to, it's her chill out time as she works full time in a bit of a pressure job, even worse and more intense doing it from home, she has hundreds of cook books and recipes hence the wide variety of stuff she cooks, tonight is slow cooked chicken casserole with baked potatoes

Hilsjw

Had a bit of a bonanza in M and S. They were selling off their Easter family meals. Bought two very large chickens at £2.45. each two fab' pork joints at £4.00 each instead for about £13.00 each. Four beef joints for about £4.00 each. Had one of the chickens last night roast potatoes, carrots, garlic, courgettes and red peppers. Sprouts and gravy. Excellent and plenty for tonight.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom