yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Slow cooked chicken and chickpea casserole with a dash of tabasco served with a baked potato, perfect for a football night, got an Aldi Click and Collect on Friday, tempted to add a couple of bags of the Argentinian Shrimp on.

Martin

I tried some off the ready shelled Argentinian shrimp, no where near as good as the ones in the shells. Not as big & didn't have such a good flavour.

Today my husband asked if we had any chicken that we could have for tea, I checked the freezer & couldn't find any, so it was lots of stir fried veg with a katsu sauce topped with a piece of cod ( we are trying to diet, as we put on weight over Christmas)

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Lanarkshire Hot Pot with baby beets, tried a couple of fizzypisspop beers the Singha was just ok, the staropramen or whatever it was called might well have been carling, fosters or cheapo tinny stuff, no body or depth to it.

Martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Had a busy day with our 70 mile round trip to Costco for toilet rolls and Branston baked beans plus a few other things. Then back to finish building the vegetable crates for the garden. Anyway as the day came to an end linsey said "I can't be arsed cooking tonight" which is Stockport speak for I can't be arsed cooking tonight, so we put some duck straws, prawns on toast and some oven chips in, perfect end to a decent day served with a bottle of Squealing Pig Sauvingion Blanc

I also managed to knock a bucket over that had 6 eggs in from the farm next door, 2 survived !

Martin

We went for a long walk & were starving when we got in, so I cooked the quickest thing that I had in fridge. Fresh Pumpkin & pinenut ravioli, which was ready to eat in less than 10 minutes followed by a tin of gooseberries with a dollop of ice cream.

I must buy tinned gooseberries more often

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Full roast chicken Sunday dinner with dry roast potatoes, carrot and swede, Billy Logan sprouts, cauliflower and steamed baby leeks, stuffing and sticky chicken stock gravy, fab meal after a football day that exceeded all expectations.
Couple of well out of date Amstels
Martin

Hilsjw

Bill and I made some Piccalilli. He does the weighing and measuring. I do the chopping etc. Pork sausages made into meat balls with plenty of added sage. Cooked in the left over gravy from the cassoulet plus some mushrooms, white kidney beans and a tin of cherry tomatoes. Very good.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom