enoch

What did you have tonight
shredded cooked chicken with rice, peppers and onion very very finally chopped with chilly and spices all mixed together in a sauce , not sure what is in the sauce hope to find out. From one of our neighbours . l must say simple and tasty

Jaycey

African Refugee
Come on jaycey you can do better than that.
Really John I thought you knew me better.

Last month it took me 4 hours attempting a steak & kidney pie (& 2 minutes to bin it).

Then another 3 days to re-paint & fumigate the kitchen.

Plus my wife says that if something takes longer to cook than to eat then it’s a waste of time. The only upside is that we’ve probably got the cleanest oven in Europe!

I’m doomed big-tears.gif

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We chose to have home made pizza using Tortilla wraps dressed with a tomato sauce, thin chorizo slices, Olives, peppers, ham and topped with manchego cheese, very tasty considering I have never been a pizza fan.

Martin

Hilsjw

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Steve. We've managed 40 years ! Why did you take the skin off the chicken Martin. Was it to crisp it up separately ? Lamb shanks and cauliflower cheese, left over from the Morison's Valentines offer. Both good, Shredded red and green cabbage with onions cooked in butter. Plain mashed potatoes.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hills, we have always removed the skin from a roast chicken prior to carving as it is extremely fatty, its worked for Linsey but not me sadly, it went back in the oven for 5 mins to crisp as a treat for me and her dad, small things eh !

Last night we had Aldi battered cod with oven chips mushy peas and Asda granulated curry, the fish wasn't the best, the chips and peas were fine and the curry sauce was like slightly spiced gravy. When you just fancy something quick on a busy day but it really didn't work, back to proper cooking tonight.

Martin

I went down a similar route last night. Brought a sachet of Katsu Curry stir fry sauce from the veg section in Aldi, but instead of doing a stir fry, I used it as a sauce over some pan fried cod, courgettes & jasmine rice.

Enjoyed the sauce & will buy it again. Still have a coconut & lemongrass one that I brought at the same time, which again I will probably use over cod.

enoch

Just lam
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Steve. We've managed 40 years ! Why did you take the skin off the chicken Martin. Was it to crisp it up separately ? Lamb shanks and cauliflower cheese, left over from the Morison's Valentines offer. Both good, Shredded red and green cabbage with onions cooked in butter. Plain mashed potatoes.
You would be happy over here Hills cauliflowers at the moment are 4 tl. Got one yesterday 2.5 kilo

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Humongous pork rib still attached to the belly marinaded in a spicy mix Linsey knocked up and slow cooked for 10 hours, and served with a baked potato and a bottle of Asti for me and a couple of Gin Lane 1751 Gin and Tonics.

Got a raging thirst now

Hilsjw

I sure would Enoch. I remember those vast cabbages we bought in the market. So big I used to cut them in half and share with a neighbour ! The smaller ones were tightly packed but the very big ones were full of air. Lovely though !! Cheap dinner of penne with bacon and various vegetables. Not exciting and Bill didn't eat the Penne. Instead had vast amounts of cheese n biscuits just to annoy me !

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Rump steak grilled and finely sliced, served with dry fried sweet onion and sliced mushrooms on a fresh baked sour dough ciabatta, paired with a pink Cava, well it is football night again.

Hilsjw

Receipe in " The Week" Pork shoulder Agrodolce from Sicily. Apart for the usual onions etc. the other ingredients were unusual including ras-el-hanout. Currents, Red wine and balsamic vinegars. capers. honey. I served it with orzo pasta. Very good and plenty for tonight.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
The Argentinian Red Shrimp is on our list.
Tonight for us was stir fried King prawns in salt and chilli pepper and garlic, chicken thigh fillets cubed and stir fried in oyster sauce with stir fried crunchy vegetables with a small portion of fried rice all prepped and cooked by linseys fair hands.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom