Hilsjw

What did you have tonight
Bacon, spinach, peas, mushrooms, onions, garlic, chillies, creme fraiche and Stilton cheese. Served with some nasty thick pasta that I've got rid of at last. Nice taste though and we ate it all.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Not sure where our haggis came from, either Ramseys of Carluke or Andersons in North Berwick, it had been in the freezer since the turn of last year, very tasty but the meal overall is a little bland I find. Haggis is best served on a full English in my opinion.

Martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Pan fried boneless and skinless cod loin served on a bread roll with a side of oven chips and a squirt of ketchup, when you can't be bothered! Glass of golden cockspur on ice watching the footie.

Martin

Camden

Tomorrow, hope to make my partner as a special treat ( as she does most of the cooking ) of a proper keltic breakfast ... I had already ordered the Clonakilty White pudding to go alongside potato scones ( delicious with runny egg ) sausages, egg, bacon ,grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and soda bread toast .... some people add bubble and squeak but will give that a miss.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tomorrow, hope to make my partner as a special treat ( as she does most of the cooking ) of a proper keltic breakfast ... I had already ordered the Clonakilty White pudding to go alongside potato scones ( delicious with runny egg ) sausages, egg, bacon ,grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and soda bread toast .... some people add bubble and squeak but will give that a miss.
Wish I was there ! sounds like my kind of way a day should be started

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Pork meatballs with pasta and a sauce from last years end of season tomatoes, unfortunately Linsey used a new recipe for the meatballs that included grated carrot. It really didn't work for me so I had a ham and sweet onion roll/barmcake/bap with a packet of crisps, if you dont try you never know, tomorrow's another dinner.

Martin

Hilsjw

We had meat balls last night too. Pork sausages meat mixed with crushed aniseed and finely grated orange zest. Cooked with sliced mushrooms, onions, garlic left over half can of tomatoes, left over small amount of coconut juice (I can't do with food waste !) sliced small potatoes. Threw in a couple of handfuls of spinach at the end. Very good and Bill liked it because it was soft and his teeth aren't good ! We are having our first Covid vaccines in Brighton this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Linsey made one of her slimming world curries Chicken thigh fillet Dopiaza which we had with Garlic and Coriander Naan breads, there has been a shortage of Peshwaar Naans for delivery from our local supermarkets just recently.
Perfectly spiced and now sat back enjoying a Chilean Viognier and the chef is enjoying an Edinburgh Gin and slim tonic with a frozen lemon quarter.

Nevilles totally stuffed !

NEVILLE.jpg

Martin

Hilsjw

What a cuddlesome pussy Martin ! Bacon and eggs with pre boiled potatoes and sweet potatoes, then roasted in the oven with oil, loads of garlic, rosemary then sprinkled with grated Parmesan. O.K.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Football tonight so just champagne and crisps for the first half, rack of ribs slow cooking after a spell in the pressure cooker and now in the oven with Linseys marinade on ready for the 2nd half and might even have some prawn toasts
IMG-20210130-WA0004.jpeg

Martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom