yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
What did you have tonight
Linsey cooked a Paella tonight, the smell wasn't great for me as it cooked, the lounge and kitchen and dining room are one huge open space so I couldn't avoid it, I sat down to eat and it was more pungent, I was almost gagging, I couldn't eat it and had to leave the table, I love all the ingredients but together no thanks, at that, sorry sleepy, the cake will have to do tomorrow. I ended up with a packet of quavers and a glass of wine. I hate all this foreign muck and would have settled for a madras or byriani, but Spanish peasant food ! Yuk !!!

Martin

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Interesting Martin.

I also thought that if you mixed tasty bits and pieces together then the result would be good.

I have disproved that theory on many occasions and feel much the same about Ukrainian peasant food....:45:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Cauliflower in cheese sauce with grilled bacon , i am not good on foreign muck either Martin , give me a biryani or haka noodles any day .

Steve

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Tonight was a more acceptable Griddled and then thinly sliced rump steak with onions on ciabatta.
Another glass of wine, this time a rose.

Martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Lanarkshire hot pot last night with baby beets, ketchup and crusty bread with a glass of wine, masterchef proffessionals eat your hearts out.
Tonight was a gamble, salt and pepper spare ribs, followed by combination king po, linsey had a special chop suey, our experience of Chinese takeaway up here has been mixed but this was excellent, so well done Sen Lin in Carluke.

Martin

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Good Morning Martin/Yalimart - - A happy belated Happy Birthday. If you are missing English food, which it seems you are, you can have British food and drink within 7 to 10 days of your initial order.

This British on-line website has over 2,000 items of food and drink, delivered all over the world. I order from them regularly and have been very pleased with all my purchases, the way they wrap the goods and the delivery time - which has been between 7 and 10 days from my initial order. But you will have to pay some Duty in TL Cash upon delivery and you won't know how much until you get your items. Normally I pay between 10 and 20 TL for the Duty but once, for a very big order, I had to pay 150 TL. See here ... www.britishcornershop.co.uk ... x Angela in sunny Side, Turkey x

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Good Morning Martin/Yalimart - - A happy belated Happy Birthday. If you are missing English food, which it seems you are, you can have British food and drink within 7 to 10 days of your initial order.

This British on-line website has over 2,000 items of food and drink, delivered all over the world. I order from them regularly and have been very pleased with all my purchases, the way they wrap the goods and the delivery time - which has been between 7 and 10 days from my initial order. But you will have to pay some Duty in TL Cash upon delivery and you won't know how much until you get your items. Normally I pay between 10 and 20 TL for the Duty but once, for a very big order, I had to pay 150 TL. See here ... www.britishcornershop.co.uk ... x Angela in sunny Side, Turkey x

Angela,

I am an English man with Scottish heritage living in South Lanarkshire, A true Mancunian at heart. We don't eat Macaroni Cheese, nor do we put cheese on our chips, we have gravy on ours, buying British food is not an issue, we have a Lidl, Morrisons and a Tesco in Lanark, what I miss is the variety of English food we had in Manchester, Curry mile is over a mile long, Chinatown is bigger than Lanark, the Chinese supermarkets are football stadium size. We knew that when we moved up here although cheese on chips was an eye opener ! Anyway tonight was Roast Beef, roasted potatoes from the garden. Sprouts and cauliflower from East Lothian sticky gravy and carrots from the garden with swede from Aldi, Linsey thinks she has got away with not making the Lancashire puddings but i will remind her tonight when I despatch her to the shed for it.
Now back to putting cheese on chips, surely that's a criminal offence !

Martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
A nice non political or religious post (Sikhs, Vegans and veggies excluded)

Been on a diet for a while, anyway last night was Lanarkshire beef hotpot, crusty bread, baby beets and ketchup, glass or 3 of wine whilst watching the football.

Martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We had a zoom dinner party last night with our neighbours, my very old Ipad gave up the audio ghost straight away so had to swop to a phone, not quite the same but we lasted until 11 pm from about 6.30. We usually have a theme but last night left it open. Linsey made a chicken, mushroom and ham pie from a recipe in one of her slimming books, served with mini roasts and Marrowfat peas. We had a bottle of Percheron Viognier and a bottle of Mud House Marlborough Sauv Blanc, Linsey finished off with a large Morrisons best Blood Orange and Sicilian Lemon Gin and slim, I had large Duppy Share on ice, one of my favourite golden Caribbean's.
Our Neighbours had made Pizza from Scratch, ! ham and pineapple and 1 ham and mushroom. He had a bottle of Villa Maria and she a bottle of red Shloer.

Over to you Hils !

Martin

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Jackie and self had a prawn stir fry , not Jzckie's fave i am afraid , so giving it a miss from now on . Finished off on Havana Club and Bombay mix , chinese grub doncha know...Lol

Steve

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
After watching United's emphatic victory over lowly local rivals Liverpool we had a full Sunday roast chicken dinner with dry roasted potatoes, white cabbage, carrot and swede, Billy Logans East Lothian sprouts, roasted parsnip, stuffing and sticky chicken gravy.
I had a couple of Guinness and blackcurrant during the game and we shared a bottle of Rousillet during dinner.

What a great day.

Martin

Hilsjw

Roasted belly of pork from M and S. Roast potatoes, with lots of garlic, then covered with grated parmesan cheese (this makes them nice and crunchy ) Shredded leeks, frozen peas and baby broccoli cooked in one pot with plenty of butter, olive oil and lemon thyme. Very good.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
As I can't stand Whisky I toasted the Haggis with Duppy Share and said an ode actually 2 short ones from Rabbie McMarley

“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.”

“Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.”

The image is pre Mancunian style gravy.

RASTA.jpeg

enoch

As I can't stand Whisky I toasted the Haggis with Duppy Share and said an ode actually 2 short ones from Rabbie McMarley

“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.”

“Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.”

The image is pre Mancunian style gravy.

View attachment 20829
You don't have to stand whisky, you could always sit down.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom