Helenm150

What are you cooking for dinner tonight?
I can't classify my dinner as being "Turkish Cooking" - other than I bought everything in Turkey ha ha! Anyway, here is my "one pot" Tuna pasta recipe - quantities based on dinner for 2: 1 jar concentrated tomatoes (Carrefour do the best), chopped peppers, clove or two of garlic, tin of tuna, handful of black olives, couple or three handfuls of penne regata, slug of red wine - pop the lid on and 15 minutes later add some strong flavoured crumbled cheese and stir - end result: al dente pasta tubes full of rich tuna, tomatoe and cheese sauce - with the rich flavours of the wine and the garlic and the saltiness of the plump black olives coming through - and, best of all, only one pot to wash up! :22:

geordie_nev

Sounds good to me.

I’m cooking Menemen for my tea tonight. Haven’t a clue what I’m going to put in it, I’ll see whatever’s in the fridge and hope for the best.

Homemade vegetable soup for me and an unhealthy bacon,leeks and homemade pot wedges for the boys. I've now moved onto supper uncut brown bread with Robertsons raspberry jam yummy and a cup of tea of course

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Im making kofte tonight...but the cheats way with the packet flavouring that you can add to the mince!! Will fry some onions and mushrooms and me being British will probably stick it between some lovely Turkish bread!!

Having said all this..moving to Turkey has really forced me to firstly to start cooking properly (before it was "just add ready meal to microwave" or take-away) and secondly to be inventive with my meals. Having a Turkish partner who at the best of times is quite dubious with what i come up with but dutifully eats what's put in front of him has definately developed meals of a European/Turkish hybrid!!

And i've lost weight since being here due to lack of Chinese/Indian take-away's and eating "proper" food!!

Anyway, back to the kofte..

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Geordie Nev, I think we had something similar. Well it had eggs and tomatoes and cheese in it. Reason? We need to go shopping. There was nothing in the fridge. So I hit on making an omelette. I fried the tomatoes before I put the cheese and egg in. There was so much juice that it kind of fell apart, but it was very tasty. The tomatoes had so much flavour.

Sasa, like you I was in the habit of microwave meals and take aways (or eating in the staff canteen). I had gotten out of the habit of cooking due to the lifestyle and working hours we had in the UK. I am thoroughly enjoying having to cook. It takes me back to when I was at home with the boys when they were little. Yes, I realise now I am not bad at cooking. But the omelette I made tonight was not something Mr Ramsay would have been proud of, LOL! It was delicious though.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
I had boring quiche with baby potatoes and mixed veg.
Roll on saturday when i get my Indian lol.

Jeannie

Yesterday we had sea bass and salad, very nice it was too.

Tonight is quiz night so a quick and early tea, homemade tomato soup and cheese rolls.

Sue

Lorraine P

Greatoutdoors
Kuru Fasulye with some nice flat type of bread from the bakers - Trying recipe someone posted on this site. Smells good will let you know how it tastes.

cokdeli

cokdeli
Tonight for my friends I am cooking Lahmacun, all from scrath, my friends love it!

I forgot the lemon, anyone got to spare?

cokdeli

Lorraine P

Greatoutdoors
Mmmmm Kuru Fasulye was good - made too much so will pop it in the freezer for another day.

ChrisBobs

Mmmmm Kuru Fasulye was good - made too much so will pop it in the freezer for another day.

We always make too much, but I have always thought freezing cooked beans doesn't work? Have you done this before - is it ok?
:kitapoku:

thks
Chris

Latest Posts

Top Bottom