Question for you

gam101

What about all these used cars with accident (hasar kayide)?
Ola folks!

I know, I know...I'm going to set a record regarding "Car" related posts. :)

Seriously though, I've been actively looking at car 🚗ads in Letgo & Sahibinden for purchase, and there are so many of these vehicles listed with damages/accident repair reports....and some the vehicles are relatively in excellent condition.

Considering I have a limited budget, some of these are appealing. And the damage ranges from thousands to few hundreds. Like this Renault Clio 🚙 2018, with 200TL of damage that I am looking at.

My questions are, what is the general consensus regarding buying these cars with damage reports? Is it common in Turkey to buy/sell (without much resale value loss) cars with accident reports?

I want to buy a car, and these are within budget, but I also don't want to be stuck with it when/if I want to resell it for whatever reason in the future.

Hope all that makes sense.

Appreciate the responses.

enoch

Ola folks!

Seriously though, I've been actively looking at car 🚗ads in Letgo & Sahibinden for purchase, and there are so many of these vehicles listed with damages/accident repair reports....and some the vehicles are relatively in excellent condition.

Considering I have a limited budget, some of these are appealing. And the damage ranges from thousands to few hundreds. Like this Renault Clio 🚙 2018, with 200TL of damage that I am looking at.

My questions are, what is the general consensus regarding buying these cars with damage reports? Is it common in Turkey to buy/sell (without much resale value loss) cars with accident reports?

I want to buy a car, and these are within budget, but I also don't want to be stuck with it when/if I want to resell it for whatever reason in the future.

I bet 70% or 80% have gone damage reports. I thought they had to supply a road safety certificate or something to sell but I could wrong because of the price of second hand cars now. Take it to a garage for inspection. Most turkish look after their cars better than their wives.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I think damage to cars is recorded on the insurance system. There is a tramer number which is recored on every insurance certificate, it follows the car no matter which insurance number is used. If you look on Sahibinden.com often they will state 'Tramer yok', meaning no damage recorded against the vehicle.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Ola folks!

You might find this useful, especially the paragraph about checking the vehicle history at the top of the thread.

gam101

Appreciate the responses. And yes, I am aware of the SMS for accident report process. Which is think is indeed a helpful thing when purchasing a vehicle.

So, what do you folks think about reselling the car with some damage?
I bet 70% or 80% have gone damage reports. I thought they had to supply a road safety certificate or something to sell but I could wrong because of the price of second hand cars now. Take it to a garage for inspection. Most turkish look after their cars better than their wives.

Thank you Enoch once again! :)

I agree with the 70-80% stats on vehicles that are likely been in an accident. I've been asking about the damages from the sellers (hasar kaydi var mi). And usually (about 90%) the response is that the there is some damage.

Would you be comfortable in buying a used car with some damage listed on the record?

gam101

I think damage to cars is recorded on the insurance system. There is a tramer number which is recored on every insurance certificate, it follows the car no matter which insurance number is used. If you look on Sahibinden.com often they will state 'Tramer yok', meaning no damage recorded against the vehicle.
Hey AbiIbrahim! Always good to hear from you :) And thank you for the response.

Going to ask you the same I asked Enoch, if you don't mind;

Would you be comfortable in buying a used car with some damage listed on the record?

gam101

You might find this useful, especially the paragraph about checking the vehicle history at the top of the thread.

Appreciate the additional info. Yep, I've used that text for accident history service a couple of times. I think it's like 10TL or 20TL for each inquiry. Quickly adds up, if you know what I mean....

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Hey AbiIbrahim! Always good to hear from you :) And thank you for the response.

Going to ask you the same I asked Enoch, if you don't mind;

Yes I would, I think we have damage registered on both of our cars (minor though)

enoch

Just to give you an idea me scooter was knock over parked nearby 4000tl to fix it that was 2. 5 years ago. So some cars could have knocks and pay thousands but no big problem. You see them selling cars totally smashed for big money and when they are done up they still sell its what you are happy with. I had a tofas 1994 accident before I had it and still sold to turkish in a week 2 years later.

gam101

Appreciate it folks. That is the info. I was looking for. Have a great weekend.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom