Harem

I've cliqued
Western Union and Finans Bank
I have two separate questions here:

The first is: Does anybody know where the Western Union office is in Fethiye, please.

The second is:

We have been banking with Garanti Bank for five years. Not encountered any real problems, internet banking is easy, interest rates remain good. However, if a visit to the bank is required then it usually entails quite a long wait, despite putting my card into the machine which gives out the numbers.

On Tuesday we had about 2 hours to kill and a visit to the bank was necessary. Good, because it was lovely and cool in there without costing anything. However, my husband got talking to a friend who said that Finans Bank was much better because there is less waiting and the staff are more friendly!!!

So, off we went next door to Finans Bank to enquire of their services, which is all very well, after all they aren't going to say anything detrimental, are they?

I would like to ask members of TLF who use Finans Bank if they are reliable (i.e. have many, if any, mistakes been made, especially with regard to automatic payments), if their interest rates are good (for the high interest accounts), are the accounts simple to operate and, most importantly, is their internet banking service easy to negotiate?

Thank you to everybody who can assist.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The PTT and several banks in Fethiye are Western Union agents. Look out for a sticker in their window or at one of the cashier's positions inside.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Ziraat Bank and Denizbak are definitely agents.

I'm not 100% certain but I think ING Bank are also agents.

Last edited:

traveller

Hi Harem, you must have caught Finans Bank on a good day if you didn't have to wait. Usually they are standing outside in droves.
I can recommend TEB, not usually too busy, quite good interest rates, dead easy internet access. No problems with utility bill payments, and you can draw cash in sterling on your visa card from their ATM's.
The branch in Fethiye town has an english speaker named Charlie, also the security man speaks some english, and the branch near the Otogar has Efsun who is very helpful and another chap on the counter who also speaks english.

teresa

Free Thinker
I use internet banking with Finans and have had no problems and I have NEVER had to queue outside in 5 years LOL. In fact, if you swipe your card in the machine you actually get served in front of non-Finans customers.

gren

Hi Harem. Bodrum FinansBank is OK.
It helps to make a human contact of course. and it depends on the town.
I email a guy there with any questions and he emails me back. Its like a personal service.
No mistakes as yet. Not tried auto-payments.
Deposit savings account 10.5% TL interest rate today (5000TL minimum).
Current accounts charge 12TL a quarter fee.
Online banking is fine once you get the hang of it.
Bodrum branch is never TOO busy. Milas branch is though..
I would recommend them because I checked other banks out and compared but maybe where you are Finansbank branch not so good as Bodrum..?

Why not have two/three bank accounts then close whichever is worst?

Hope that helps.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi Harem, we've banked with Finansbank for 2 years, last month time deposit rate was 11.25%. We live in the UK, and the online service is excellent. When we are in Yalikavak, we always pay a visit to the branch in Bodrum on the main road, and our representative there is Kemal Ozsert, he is very efficient, also we've never had to queue when we've just gone in on speck to arrange money transfers, account debits etc. So the opposite to another post, maybe we have been very lucky, but would recommend them.

Lesley

Harem

I've cliqued
Thanks, everyone for your comments. Well, I can always give them a try and if I find that I don't like them so much as Garanti - well, I can always change back!!

JohnF

Hi Harem, you must have caught Finans Bank on a good day if you didn't have to wait. Usually they are standing outside in droves.
Got to disagree - yes, there are times when it is busy, but since the new branch out near Migros opened the branch in town has been a lot better. As another poster mentioned, swipe your card to get a number and often it puts you ahead of most.

For more complex transactions (other than just depositing/withdrawing money or paying bills) you use the first floor and, even without an appointment, you'll usually get to see someone fairly quickly.

We've also got accounts with Garanti (had to up till recently) and the difference in the general level of service and overall efficiency of how the accounts are operated is night and day. We've banked with both for nearly ten years and the chances are we'll close our Garanti accounts before the end of the year.

JF

Latest Posts

Top Bottom